HELP Lexus buyout + sell or release?!

I think there is a $1000 incentive from Lexus from some NX models, but even 10% off on an NX is pretty amazing. See if the dealer will do the deal without the trade in. Always separate the trade-in from the deal. If so, you can sell the car to Carmax. Much better than what the dealer is offering you for the car.

This is interesting. Carmax has been blasting Carvana for about everyone I’ve spoke to recently as well. This was certainly not always the case.

1 Like

You most definitely should and it depends on the circumstances as OP says he will need a replacement car, so he will not find another Lexus NX for less than $500 with money down etc, why not keep the cheaper one he already has for less than market value and ride it out-the car will still depreciate but alas less than other brands. It probably only depreciated $12K in last 3 years and what RV actually is 70% that’s a good margin

Does she really need to plug it in every night? I have a friend with a RAV4 Prime who says he rarely plugs it in, usually just runs it on gas. When I was looking at a NX 450h+ last year, I determined that it was cheaper to run it on gas than electricity due to the high electricity rates in my area. So I am planning to go with the non-plugin 350h instead.

1 Like

I assume the “best” use case for a PHEV is to plug in every night so that it always runs on electricity. Otherwise, a regular hybrid might be more efficient (since PHEVs weigh more and, if you’re not in EV mode, the additional battery capacity is just dead wt).

So, for you, it does sound like getting just the regular NX hybrid would make more sense.

Depends on the net price, since the PHEV might have big rebates while the gas hybrid does not.

1 Like

Of course not. But then it won’t be as efficient. So I say then I’ll plug it in for you every night, and unplug it every morning. But then she says that she has to plug it in every night, and we just keep going in circles. This and trying to explain to my wife the difference between a down payment and MSDs.