Help Leasing Yukon XL / Suburban

Hi all–

My wife has got her heart set on either a Suburban LT or Yukon XL SLT. We’re in Ohio, so I used Cars.com to locate a Yukon XL in Columbus with an MSRP of $64,815 and an advertised price of $56,833.

The dealer, however, won’t honor the advertised price for a lease, only a purchase. For the lease, they will offer a supplier price and $1500 in conquest incentives (cap cost to ~$61k) (both of which I am legitimately eligible for).

I’d appreciate any insight anyone might have.

I was in the similar market last year: Yukon XL, Navigator L, and Expedition El since we have seven people at home. As I have learnt from many dealers, those muscle big SUVs doesn’t lease well at all. I ended up with a purchasing. Actually, all my current vehicles are purchased since TX charged the full tax for lease, and I get 0% interest for all of them.

You need to find out what the purchase rebates are vs the leasing rebates. They will be different and probably higher on the purchase. The dealer discount should be the same on a purchase or lease. With shopping around you should be able to negotiate lower than supplier pricing. Check out this thread, I would guess Suburban have been discussed at some point.