Help Leasing a Tiguan 2018 SEL

Forget the Pilot. They lease horrendously. You’ll spend more on a Pilot than a BMW.

Are you leasing or leasing to buy? If the former, forget maintenance! Any car is cheap to maintain in the first three years.

Check out https://forum.leasehackr.com/c/reviews if you’re interested in Brokers, you can compare them to the quotes you’ve gotten and see if it’s worth it. I’d bet it would save you some money.

I just got a SEL 4 Wheel drive for first months payment upfront and $421 a month. NJ.

What Dealership in NJ did you lease it from ? Thanks

Love the Tiguan, but ouch.

1 Like

@Toppgunn1, you probably can get in CA the best deal of all in the US. With the sales volume they have (at least so I heard) they offer insane discounts, impossible to get on East Coast where I live.
Good luck!

I did not read the whole thread, so maybe you are set on Tuguan. But Forester Touring is a way better value and leases much better. And it has power tailgate :slight_smile:

FIRST POST: woohoo

I’m looking for a 2018 Tiguan SE in Florida. 36/10

Here are the numbers. Where do I push?

MSRP: $28,415.00
Cap Cost : $26,204.90
Bank Fee 675
Adj Cap Cost: 27,105.27
Residual : 57%. – $16,196.55
MF .00090
Base $335.51
Tax Rate 7% - $23.49
ZERO DOWN / $359 per month

Adjusted Cap Cost appears to be 24,639 (as they are absorbing all inception fees and 1st payment.)

Might want to double check the MF and dealer cash on edmunds, I believe there is at least $1100 cash on a lease. See if you qualify for the partner program through your employer.

Hi there. I am in DC and want to lease a tiguan. which dealership do you recommend?

The guy you asked is gone. Here is the dealer from Stohlman: @volkswagenguy, check out his thread. I’d also shop MD dealers to save $400 on dealer’s fee (https://www.fitzmall.com/volkswagen, etc.).

thanks for the recommendation @Ursus

The last time I looked at several MD dealers, their fine print said they charge VA residents a $700 doc fee.

you could shop PA dealers and save even more :slight_smile: Ours is capped at 141.

They can’t. By MD law it is capped at $300 and not required. Would be stupid to shoot themselves in the foot and lose some VA buyers, anyway.

As recently as a few months ago I had seen multiple dealers state in the fine print that it’s $299 or $300 for MD residents and different for everyone else.

IDK if that’s how they interpreted the law or if there was a crackdown on that loophole.

Not the dealer fee, probably tax for VA residents. I’ll look it up later.