Help! Lease payment is not the same as the dealer is giving me in the calculator!

, ,

A .00040 MF mark up lands you at $713 exactly

2 Likes

The salesperson may not even know what a money factor is. I’ve heard that’s actually somewhat common.

1 Like

So you have .00021 as a MF at get 713? Thanks!

.00057 marked up from .00017

Matt answered the question you asked. But the bigger picture is: it doesn’t matter. Their offer to you isn’t an MF or an RV or a selling price; their offer to you is $713 at 0 DAS.

If that’s not something you want to pay, you’ll have to move on to other dealers. Preferably move to a strategy of making offers to prevent this happening again and again.

Thanks Max for the input. I usually don’t negotiate based on the monthly payment. It’s a strategy but not my favorite.

I was more curious on why his monthly didn’t match close to the calculator. Perhaps he made an honest mistake calculating tax ?

I don’t know, but was hoping the members here could help figure it out, since many are much more knowledgeable then me.

He confirmed the MF was not marked up.

That deal sheet doesn’t have enough information and they are designed that way so you can’t back into a deal.

No one here can tell you why the numbers don’t match; higher MF, different RV, incorrect tax rate, who knows. It’s a math problem and you are missing multiple variables. You are negotiating the monthly price right now bc you don’t know all the info.

You need the full worksheet as multiple people have said and stop taking the salespersons word for things he likely doesn’t understand.

1 Like

$4049 discount is not $4925

2 Likes

Mystery solved.
Hence why we needed to see the sheet.

1 Like

I agree! It was a fight to get it. Thank you everyone !!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.