HELP! Baby movers - Cadillac XT5 vs. Lexus RX 350 zero down 36/10 lease

Congrats, you are a double Pulitzer winner

p.s. is it a fiction or autobiography about your balls sucked by a guy?

3 Likes

I do not feed internet trolls. Stop spreading vomit in this thread and go back to your cave. Hence forward, I will ignore your internet thuggery and deuschbaggery. I come here to read about car leases, not to spar with infantile trolls.

1 Like

Iā€™m perplexed buy the height of an individual being directly proportional to how good a driver they are!?!?!?

Never heard anything more ridiculous in my life. So what is being said is that people who drive big articulated trucks should be at least 12 feet tall in order to be able to drive them properly? Or perhaps all car dealers should treat customers like they are at a fair ground with each car having its own height restrictions?

2 Likes

So, itā€™s OK for you being a dick to others (see below) yet you canā€™t take a slight dig at you?

2 Likes

@Ed_Churchward Never heard anything more ridiculous in my life than someone who doesnā€™t understand what it means when a 5ā€™ tall person says, ā€œthis car is too big for meā€. What part of that do you not get?

thanks @cmacfar, but those cars are on the larger side, as well. My GF sat in the QX60 and didnā€™t feel comfortable driving it. Plus, it has a 10 year old dash/infotainment system thatā€™s desperately in need of an upgrade. I checked out the Tiguan/Touareg but it didnā€™t seem like they leased very well, though that was at least 6 months ago.

Lets keep it civil without profanity please.

@vdub84 Because the fact she is 5ft has nothing to do with the fact that the car is too big. Unless it is a monster truck and she literally canā€™t reach the ladder to get into it.

It might have been more appropriate to say, My wife is not good at judging distances and has bad spacial awareness thus does not like large cars.
(N.B. this has nothing to do with her being a woman BTW, Wife could be replaced with husband)

@Ed_Churchward I am so confused by how you donā€™t get this. Letā€™s go a little more extreme for illustrative purposes. If she were 4 feet tall, could you still make the same argument?? And would you recommend a smart car for a 6ā€™6" man? Or is ā€œthis car is too small for meā€ not adequate in your world?? You sir, are very strange. And to say that she has bad spatial awareness (itā€™s SPATIAL, btw) rather than accepting the fact that her short stature is the limiting factor as described in her own words, is just plainā€¦ I donā€™t even know what word sufficiently describes you. ā€œRudeā€ is just too polite a term. Douche?

@vdub84 I did not mean to offend you in any way. I was specifically not trying to insult you directly with my words, I clearly failed. Thank you for pointing out my spelling mistake, you will probably find many more as I am dyslexic and struggle to see mistakes even once I have checked over them.

I still stand by my point however, there is a difference between if someone can fit in a car and reach all the relevant controls, like your example of a 4ft individual who would be unlikely to be able to reach the pedals and necessary controls to operate the car safely. If however the person is tall enough, such as someone who is 5ft (Nearly all cars can safely accommodate someone of this height without any additional safety measures or controls) then I donā€™t see what the height of that individual has to do with the safe operation. It is surely just individual preference, just like my wife who is 5ā€™7" and also says to me that certain cars are too big for here and she does not want to drive them. If she was 6ā€™ she would still not want to drive those specific cars because she does not feel comfortable operating a car that big.

Having said all that, perhaps your wife could not reach the controls or see properly and the car was badly designed and not fit for purpose.

Anyway, I was not trying to be rude and being called something that is used to clean feminine parts in the shower is something I can take on the chin. Good day to you sir.

1 Like

He said ā€œinternet thuggeryā€.

L Oh L

@Ed_Churchward letā€™s get back to the basics of the thread. Leasehacking!

2 Likes

I have a friend who 5 feet tall. Being that small can definitely cause problems (even if itā€™s not a monster truck). Having difficulty reaching the pedal can be a problem for someone that size without being so close to the steering wheel where the airbag can cause trauma to the abdomen and chest. Also at that height large size mirrors can obstruct cross traffic because itā€™s in the personā€™s line of sight. It seems ridiculous but itā€™s true.

Sitting that low in the car also ruins your spatial orientation. Try slouching down a foot or so and try to park your car between two concrete poles. You will def be less confident in maneuvering your car.

Best of luck @vdub84

So a quick update on my search, for those of you interested. Iā€™ve received a written quote for the following:

17 RX350 F Sport
MSRP: $60,103
Invoice: $56,565
Sale Price: $54,480 - $1,250 incentives = $53,230
Residual: 62% = $37,264
DMV/Gov Fees: $595
35 remaining pmts of $505 + tax = $549/mo.

This is without MSDs as this guy wouldnā€™t allow me to apply them, saying that we canā€™t apply MSDs to Tier 1 MFs. Is that true or is this guy full of it?? Iā€™ve had multiple other dealers throw the max MSDs at me with no hesitation. Itā€™s just the 9th that would essentially put the MF at below the absolute minimum that they had to confirm. So one allowed 8, while the rest allowed 9 MSDs. Never has anyone else said that we canā€™t apply them.

Well, at the $549 price, if you were to add 9 MSDs, I think that brings us pretty close to $500, if Iā€™m not mistaken. It looks like thereā€™s also some room on the selling price. Including incentives, thatā€™s only an 11.5% discount. Others have reported success getting ~13% off MSRP. How should I go about getting that extra 1.5%? Seems like if I can get 13% off, I could hit my target of $480 all in, which would be incredible.

Another dealer offered $520 after MSDs, but i think on that one, there was a lot left on the table as far as selling price goes.

A third dealer is working on numbers and will let me know by tomorrow, and seemed optimistic.

Any help with getting my target price of $480 would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

Thanks @HobbesMo.

You can come back to the room, everyone. @Ed_Churchward and I have since resolved our differences. We can be a happy lease hacking family again.

1 Like

It looks like a good deal. I was in the market for the exact same car at Christmas and your numbers are pretty close. I call BS on the MSDā€™s thought, every dealer is able to apply them outside of NY. As you say, sometimes you cannot apply all of them but not being allowed to apply any is wrong.

How could I find the cheapest RX 350 AWD around my zip? Is there a global inventory that I can search all dealers cars around me ?
I donā€™t want F sport and fancy RX options. The base model is well equipped with standard safety techs already.

1 Like

Iā€™m being quoted $379 after 7% tax on a 2017 XT5 luxury with $3,000 out of pocket. Trying to be at around $300 with TMV trade of $3,000. RX350 was another option but it has to have BLIS, which Iā€™ve read drives the price

@sepidpooy I donā€™t think there is a global inventory (at least as far as iā€™m aware of). Youā€™d have to just search each local dealerā€™s current inventory, which may not be up to date. The base model does indeed come with several safety options, but the best price Iā€™ve been able to get so far on a base is $403 including tax with the same terms as the F Sport. So if I can hit my target of $480, the difference is only $80 for a base vs. a fully decked out car. Iā€™d say add a couple of upgrades to the base, and you might be able to find a deal around $430ish that would be well worth the upgrade. That wood trim, thoughā€¦

@13_F150 seems to be similar to the deal I was given, except I opted for 0 down for $474/mo at 9% tax. They donā€™t offer MSDs, but Iā€™d say push a little harder and save your down payment money. They are having a lot of trouble moving these XT5s, it seems. Iā€™d be curious to know what your XT5 payment ends up being, so please keep us updated.