HELP! Baby movers - Cadillac XT5 vs. Lexus RX 350 zero down 36/10 lease

I’m not seeing that price :frowning:

I’m in Irvine, but traveled all the way to Thousand Oaks to get mine. F-Sport inventory is much more limited than the regular model. At the time, there were less than 8 in the specs that I wanted in all of SoCal. I see there are actually only 6 FWD F-Sports in all of SoCal now. You might have more bargaining power with AWD version, plus the RV might be slightly better.

Robbie at Jim Faulk actually offered me a slightly better deal, but they didn’t have the white exterior that I wanted.

Hello… I know I am going to get a lot of flake for this but you are looking at all the wrong things. All those features and creature comforts are really of no value and you don’t get to enjoy at all during the first year or two, on top of that puke, pop, etc. are going to take over those cars.

The best choices would be a minivan, cr-v or Highlander or pilot. The reason all these cars suck in leasing is because people tend to buy them for the reasons you have and keep them tilll they die.

I made the mistake of not getting a minivan (when having twins) which you should go for if your having twins. I will be replacing my lease with one as soon as the lease is up.

Getting a kid in and out is key get the baby car seat and test it out.

1 Like

Haha. Yeah, I honestly feel bad for them too… But it’s their fault for not giving me Jon’s deal!

Jon -

Yeah, there was a black on black at Keyes last month (what i was looking for), but I told Santa Monica that I’d give them the business since they did all the legwork. The salesperson told me he’d let me know if one showed up in their inventory. Now the black is gone, there are no more FWD F Sports, and I hate myself for feeling bad for the dealer :slight_smile:

Oh, and Beverly Hills actually laughed at me when I told them that price. Weird that you got a better deal from them.

ScatPack_Boi -

I’m not seeing that price either, but either way, that tells me the price I was given could definitely be much lower. Thanks!

vhooloo -

ultra low mileage and for current GM-lessees only :frowning:

Somewhat agreed here. My first kid has puked all over the back seat a few times. Be prepared that this car will be worn down and crap will be everywhere in the back. Toys, Extra clothes, cereal and snacks etc…It is a lease, i wouldn’t be that picky over something like rims. Seriously, who cares about ugly rims you don’t own. You are borrowing this car for 3 years and kids destroy it when they are little. Dirt, rocks, all sort of things…

And also entry level 40k XT5. But at least it gives you a target to shoot for. Mid 300s for well-equipped XT5 should be doable

Gp1 -

I appreciate the feedback. I thought about those things, but also thought it’s all downhill from here, until i’m in my mid-late 40’s. So I want one last nice/fun car while I can still enjoy it - before a second baby comes along or before we have to start picking up kids from soccer practice. At that point, I would definitely be looking into a Honda Odyssey.

doomtoall81 -

hilarious username, lol. I totally hear you, but if I’m paying $500/mo for a car, I have to feel good doing so. If it doesn’t look good, why pay that money? If we were talking about a Prius or something, I’d totally agree with you. My uncle has an S550, but didn’t upgrade the rims, and it just looks plain terrible. And that’s on a $1k+/mo car, so you’d think the basic rims would be decent. Nope.

vhooloo -

just dropped off the XT5 and the dealer just let me walk out of there with no hassle. Definitely the WEIRDEST car dealership experience ever, but I mean that in a good way. Free car for 2 days, and no hassle/pressure when I dropped it off. After having the car for a couple of days, though, I don’t think it’ll work for us, despite me actually liking the car a lot. My GF is only 5’ tall, so the dashboard was just too overwhelmingly large for her. It’s more of a man’s car, for sure. On that note, RX it is (as long as they can give me the right numbers). Thanks for your help, everybody!

I totally get it. It’s like a hot model wearing crocs (or some ugly ass shoes) that don’t match instead of heels or anything to match the outfit. If the price is right great. If not, keep searching/negotiating.

1 Like

Haha. That’s exactly what it is. A VS model that won’t wear anything but Crocs or Birkenstocks

in my opinion, neither are baby movers. They are no bigger than smaller sedans. I went with an MB eclass and it is still small.

@tenchibmw I agree, but my GF is small (5’), so anything bigger is hard for her to handle. Plus, the car will go to my mom once my Q50 lease is up, as I’d replace that with either the new QX50 :smile: or a honda odyssey :disappointed: depending on whether we need to move baby or babies at that point.

I have 3 small children and my wife is also 5’ feet tall. Im 6’3" and about 270lbs. I wanted something roomy, practical and still fun to drive, I tried a CTS but it was slow. I loved the car though. I have owned many Caddys. Long story short, I ended up ordering a fully loaded Charger SRT. The car is absolutely amazing. Its big, but handles and drives like a sports car. Its a beast, and my Son loves it. It took 7 weeks to build. All 3 kids and car seats fit in the back perfectly and the trunk is huge for groceries. I can cruise in it with the family, do smokey burnouts anytime I want and even drift it around corners. The car drives like an angry Lion. Its like kicking an angry Lion in the nuts and then jumping on its back and riding it. It can be quiet, docile, comfortable and serene. Or it can turn into a serial killing mass murdering street bully who rapes dragons. Plus, its loaded with tons of tech. Heated and cooled seats front and back, NAV, sunroof, surround sound, adaptive cruise, memory seating, lane departure warning etc… Its Torred with red suede seats and there are only a few hundred in the entire world in this color combo so the car is crazy rare.

If you must have an SUV but you want something fun, I suggest a 2018 Dodge Durango SRT. Its a 3 row SUV with 500hp! Good luck on your search!

Have you looked at the QX60 if you’re an infiniti fan, those are leasing well currently it appears and they are bigger than the RX and XT5. I’d think you could get one of those for $400/mo with low drive offs.

Also not sure if you can do the VW Atlas for in the ~$400/mo range but those look like they have a nice interior.

2 Likes