Help a noob out

I don’t know about all that, We have an f150 platinum and a 530 and I would say the f150 outclasses the bmw at almost everything besides gas mileage, you can’t really compare exterior styling but the f150 has a leather dash whereas you have to pay $1200 for it in the bmw, it has standard cooled seats, heated rear seats and massaging seats while again you have to look hard for that option as most bmw dealerships dont order it. The f150 has pretty much every tech feature the bmw has minus heads up display. So I wouldn’t go out there and make a generalization like that especially since ford is discontinuing cars in general because their suvs and trucks sell so well. I just don’t think there’s a way to quantitatively compare these two brands and I’m just showing you an apples to apples comparison based on luxury and tech features, also Chrysler is a soon to be dead brand @john_smith1.

Um you can have your point of view, but I (and many other consumer magazines) think that the F150 cant even outclass the all new 2019 Ram 1500.

Fords interior = full of cheap plastic. They may try to trick you with a leather dash and top of door trims, but feel the hard black scratchy plastic. Then touch everywhere in a BMW and tell me the Ford F150 is better…

Also, the BMW engine is way more smooth and would out run and corner your F150.

You tried to make a point with Ford (im only talking ford not Lincoln) but you failed and your point doesn’t hold water. Features don’t make the car the best, its a sum of its parts. Plus Ford graphics are cheesy.

3 Likes

Unicorns are unicorns for a reason and you’ll have to put a ton of work in and face lots of rejection to get one. Even a broker would be hard pressed to get you that level of deal because of just how much work it entails.

You mentioned $500/mo as well down the line. This is a much more reasonable number and possibly even one that can be surpassed with just a few hours emailing dealers. Are you willing to travel for the right deal?

Have you been searching the forum for a deal youd like and messing with the calculator?

Like others have said, we cant tell you whats “doable” for you, Ive seen deals from 270-1000. But you got to start emailing dealers all around for the 5 Series that similar MSRP for the vehicle.

Have you thought about using a broker?

There are a few more components than that to a lease. You also need to be reasonable, and like was said above, different people qualify for different incentives.

Typical uneducated clown, the shelby will stomp on anything that bmw has to offer, you wanna talk about smooth and outclass? the ford gt destroys everything in the bmw lineup.

This f150 is in year 5 of its generation and when the new generation drops its going to outclass the ram interior again or do you just mean sticking a giant 12 inch screen in the middle of the dash and calling it a classy interior lol, sales numbers don’t lie whatever you think the ram is doing think again cause the f150 is the number one selling vehicle…

I’m speaking purely on having owned and driven both vehicles which clearly sounds like you haven’t, when a pickup truck does 0-60 in 5 seconds and a sedan does 0-60 in 6 seconds that’s a joke to me and when it has more rear legroom than that 5 series as well. The truck handles rough roads in the northeast(like i95) better than any 7 series or S class I have driven. I’m not saying it’s better than either of those because it’s not but you can’t make stupid snarky comments about a bmw being 2-3x better than X company, shows your " inner fanboy."

When we get to graphics being cheesy you clearly lost me, it’s a way for manufacturers to display their logo, all cars have cheesy graphics including lambo’s and ferrari’s, they literally put as much work into them as a windows xp computer lmao.

With that being said I enjoy a lot of things about the 5 series, but the base engine just doesn’t have enough juice for the size of its body, seems like the 540 should be the base model. The interior is nice but the screen looks slapped on like an ipad, apple carplay and android auto are buggy (never had that issue with any other car), the steering feels vague even up to the m550 the electric power steering doesn’t feel on point, almost like it isn’t as fun to drive, there’s a point where you can enjoy the handling of the car and this 530i doesn’t handle as well as non-M bmws I have driven in the past. Another problem I had was There are too many packages and most dealers just order a few packages and leave out the fun stuff like luxury seating package, drivers assistance plus, etc. etc.

Yeah we’re not getting into a p*ssing contest here over F150 vs BMW, that’s ridiculous.

@John_smith1, please create a new thread if you’d like help on a specific vehicle.