Haven't Taken Possession & Signed Raw Deal 1 day Ago - Advice for Renegotiating or Backing Out #dealcheck

You will quickly learn that LH is a great source of tough love. You will get pointed, short questions directed at you that may leave you stinging a bit, but they’re generally the quickest way to get someone to recognize the error in their ways and eventually save them thousands and thousands of dollars.

4 Likes

I am just trying to help by understanding how much effort you put into learning about leasing, since you stated it was your first time doing so. Dealers and salesman can tell when you have no clue, and hence felt they could take advantage of you.

This info might not help you with this deal, but for future reference, check out the Leasing 101 blog: EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR.

FWIW - Before doing my first lease 3 years ago, I read all I could about the basics to make sure I understood all the variables (incentives, money factor, residual value, etc) that went into calculating a monthly payment.

Good luck.

2 Likes

With friends like these…Do report back what happens whether you are able to unwind the deal.

4 Likes

I am still yet to see a case where a friend or family referral directly to a dealer was anything but painful. It’s amazing how poorly people will treat the ones close to them.

10 Likes

This is more of general advice to anyone new on the site looking to lease in this current market. There is no reason to rush into a deal in this current market, if something does not make sense. There is also no reason to walk into a dealership to negotiate in person and not being allowed to leave (That would have been a red flag for me).

Knowledge is power, so educate yourself on the basics. Lots of valuable resources on this site. There are still deals to be had on certain brands, but you just need to do your research.

3 Likes

@Shakey22 Another thread proving my point about doing business with “friends”. This experience was so poor it is nearly unbelievable.

I will say again, tread cautiously.

Not only are these numbers crazy, but I would’ve walked out well before sitting in any dealership for that amount of time. My word.

If the car isn’t burning gas (or whatever for EVs) you can unwind it. PM me and I’ll script this out for you and handle the plan.

Everything is refundable with enough effort.

2 Likes

Done. Thank you.

That’s crazy! I ended up being told they they wouldn’t sell it under msrp, per the owner.

His friend might simply be as clueless as OP

This in itself is not going to achieve anything regarding the possibility to unwind an otherwise valid contract.

If anything the reality or perception that you’re taking a hardball approach can:

(1) extinguish any hope of a mutually agreed outcome.

(2) eventually lead them to sue you which will just cause more financial and credit score pain.

1 Like

Congrats to OP, who was able to unwind and cancel his deal. Another LH save!

9 Likes

No “consultation fee” for your assistance?

1 Like

The high five being now in vain is all the compensation I could ever desire.

17 Likes

I chuckled at this

1 Like

Please provide a full detailed report.

For the greater betterment of the people and society.

If the car is not delivered it’s cancellable.

An immutable fact, despite dealers often times attempts to muddy the water and introduce doubt!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.