Has anyone tried Google Maps/Waze in Apple CarPlay now that iOS 12 is out?

Has anyone noticed aftermarket cables such as amazonBasics charge your iPhone faster than the OEM?

I have been using Waze on ACP for a couple of weeks now and no issues thus far. It does take over your iPhone, so if you attempt to look at something else on your phone then Waze on your car’s display will disappear. You shouldn’t be looking at your phone anyways when car is in motion. It’s like a mirror.

I’m usually no stickler for using OEM parts, but when it comes to chargers, I only use Apple branded. I’ve heard too many stories about phones melting/blowing up from knock off brand cables/chargers

Btw, I think you can charge an iPhone faster (from a wall) if you use the bigger 12w charger (the one that comes with the iPad)

1 Like

I buy the cheap cables on Amazon. That said, I do seem to go through them quicker than I do the OEM ones, so who really knows if I’m saving anything in the end.

Here’s the charger I’m referring to:

Apple 12W USB Power Adapter

This is as opposed to the 5w charger that come with iPhones

I feel comfortable using a licensed product which is what amazonBasics is, AFAIK.

And the OEM is garbage. Frays from just normal use

Wasn’t aware of such a thing as licensed products. Perhaps I’ll give the amazonB a look

I used this to charge my stuff on the go, can charge two things real quick at the same time. outputs 2.4amps on both plugs at the same time.

I did try google maps on my Sonata, just wish that the maps button next to the Apple Carplay button on the touchscreen led to google maps, still defaults to Apple maps.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spam