Happy to help with BMW Leases - Corporate Fleet - UPDATED 08/17/2018

maintenance doesn’t scare me too badly, used to work at a speed shop do most everything myself.

its an individual car, interesting color combination but I agree should be able to get something off of it :frowning:

I think the specs will allow them to get full sticker but I am not willing to pay it

Given those lease numbers, your monthly to finance a purchase would not be far off. With a purchase, you can get rid of the car at your heart’s desire and still have the tax benefits that you reference. Not the same for a lease with a M3 lease payment that is in the ballpark for a typical i8 lease.

I am a real estate agent, as an agent we can expense up to 75 percent of our lease costs.

Makes more sense to lease then buy out at end of term if I love the car versus finance, you cannot expense financing a car, just leasing.

We of course try to get sticker on M3’s because we have such a small allocation and to be honest the LA dealers beat us quite often on M cars but at the same time we, as a Hendrick store we NEVER sell over sticker. I sold the first i8, the first M4 GTS and the first M2 and all were sold at MSRP. Other dealers hate us for that. But it’s a stance that Mr. Hendrick takes with all his stores and even though he’ll pay $700k for the first new NSX, he will never let us mark up a car over sticker. Kind of ironic. Lol.

I’m happy to see that you appreciate the car and the Individual color/trim to respect the lack of discount but if it was me I’d still at least try to split the profit with them. Maybe $2k off? Like you said…just something.

2 Likes

That being the case, wouldn’t it make more sense to get a new one every 2 years?

2 Likes

This is a bad deal. I leased a loaded E93 2011 M3 after graduating a college for $750-ish with just MSDs.

@Fastrack with all due respect how does a lease from 7 years ago define what’s a good deal today? I agree that the current MF’s from BMW are not that great but you can’t compare this to a payment you managed to get 7 years ago. Inflation alone would add at least a $100-200/mo. Am I wrong in saying so?

7 Likes

You’re correct. I wasn’t comparing with my lease 7 years ago. I was telling him he got a bad deal. Yes, you’re on point about $100-200 inflation as I got a quote on the MY17 F82 leftover for $900.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know why they are marking up his MF so high. The .00152 is already bad enough! :laughing:

How can we add a company to the Corporate Fleet program (medium size company) ?

Hahaha yes. 0.00152 is already bad w/o possible MSD program.

1 Like

I have mine through Perk at Work. You should check to see if your company is part of it.

I can check for you tomorrow when I get in. What company do you work for?

1 Like

@Njbmw You make me regret being an engineer. I wish I could expense my leases :cry:

1 Like

I make payments (aka financing 60/months) on my car and write them off. Not sure of how much as that’s up to my accountant, but for my use doesn’t have to be a lease. I drive around 30k a year. There are tax differences between financing/purchase payments and lease payments, but you can still use either payment for tax purposes.

Not sure what your accountant is or isnt doing but when you purchase a car you can only deduct a percentage of the depreciation when you lease it its a much larger portion that can be expensed as it isn’t an asset.

If you buy it, you can deduct mileage which is $668/month for 15,000 miles/year

Sure about this in NJ dave?

You are in NJ, but the M3 you want is in WA?

Yes.

Its a unique color combination, individual paint outside and individual interior.