Hail damage to my leased vehicle

When I contacted Sewell BMW about a windshield for my X5 a couple of years ago they told me they don’t even work with insurance companies anymore on glass breakage. They give an estimate for the damage. Insurance will pay what they want to pay. And if you want the dealer to install the glass you pay them what they want to charge. When the insurance company works directly with the shop on a glass claim they nickel and dime it to death. That’s why some shops won’t even do an insurance claim anymore.

Thats cool. Did you give your car at bmw of Austin collision center ?

Bmw of dallas still doing these. Its sewell who wont work with insurance companies at all.

Yeah…shops just don’t make much money on an insurance glass claim. So, for some, it’s not worth the time and effort.

On a side note…I don’t think I’d let BMW of Dallas work on my vehicle.

Not sure if u got good exp at sewell. For me they didnt do a good job . They didnt even clean the glass pieces properly.
I reported this to the manager (by the way this is bmw of plano) and his response is too rude.
So i honor your decisions.
But i hate sewell guys and i had bad experienced with them a lot.
And by the way if you want to buy something from them they charge a lot.
Autobahn and autonation are better in giving good deals(this is my 3rd bmw)

I guess I’ve had opposite experience as you. I’ve been able to get good deals at Sewell. But I guess every situation can be different.

I’ve done business with Autobahn in FW also. Had good experiences with them and would go back there if needed.

Friends have had bad experiences with BMW of Dallas service dept. At least you’ve had positive experiences with them.

I always had better experiences at dallas and fw but not plano.
I live in plano but still go to dallas or fw for my service(i still have all the 3 bmws in my househol)

I’m in the same boat. Who has the best body shop here around Austin that stays within the $80/hr labor limit?

UPDATE: Progressive has declared my car to be a total loss. Progressive has estimated the valuation to be more than the buyout price. Any idea if I would get overage payment?