Had to share a hot deal I scored last night!

Wow… How the heck did it even get onto the highway around that area? It must have been really lost. One bit of good news from this whole mess is that I learned a deer strike counts as a comprehensive claim, which means that my deductible is going to be lower, and my rates will most likely not go up either.

They are everywhere and get on the highways all the time. It was probably 15-20 miles outside of Baltimore, woods around.

Oh OK, I’ve made that trip a bunch of times and I think I know what you are talking about now. Luckily I never saw any deer!

Yeah, on the other side - between Baltimore and DE.

Hit one on PA Turnpike doing 70 back in 2005 heading to Atlantic City. I was with my dad, and we were about 1 hour from home, with 4 hours ahead of us. We kept going :slight_smile: . Didn’t know it at the time, but the radiator support was broken after the hit, so the rad was just flapping in the wind. Needless to say, we got lucky we didn’t get stranded in the middle of nowhere.

1 Like

For Android Auto issue, try to delete all the old phones in the car system and re-pair yours afterwards.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot. It’s kind of an odd car. The ride quality is not bad, but it doesn’t fit the car at all. It almost has a land yacht feel to it, yet it’s built like a compact. I wasn’t expecting super sporty or anything like that, but it just feels different than what I was expecting. The powertrain is funny, it sounds really busy but doesn’t really do much at all in terms of getting you going. The way manufacturers spec their cars is funny to me. This is a cheapo econobox, yet it has tons of safety features that I don’t have on cars priced almost twice as much. But then there’s no auto climate, no heated seats, no keyless start or entry, no remote start, etc, etc.

Can you share deerler info? Is this reproducible?

3 Likes

Sure… Just drive around Mercer County New Jersey after dusk and I’m sure they’ll be plenty of help available!

1 Like

Ever consider deer hunting?

We are profesional grade deer runners now,
That Elantra looks 1% rule all around

1 Like

No collision! There was absolutely no collision between my car and that deer. Sad!

5 Likes

This is a total deer hunt!

3 Likes

Maybe you can go full DJRabbi and push to get the car totaled :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had a kid in a 15 or so person undergrad class who hit a deer on his motorcycle going at least 75-80. Sadly he did not make it. It really stuck with me so I try to be vigilant.

1 Like

The estimate so far is embarrassingly low based on the photos I sent to the insurer. They quoted 1700 including the deductible, I have a feeling it’s going to be a bit more than that, but probably not enough to total it out. That’s probably not the worst thing in the world based on current money factors, etc. I think I’d be hard pressed to find a similar deal on a similar car at the moment.

1 Like

In 2009 I hit an overweight cat with my M3 (going about 60). Broke the front bottom grill and hit whatever was behind it, also bent part of the front bumper. I dont really remember to much of the details except my car was in the shop for a little over a week and I got a new bumper and something else out of it. Damages were like 3.5k ish

Overweight cat? Please elaborate :thinking:

Are those hairs sticking out of the rim?

1 Like

Yep! 2020202020202020

Lynx?