Hackr Advice: What % Discount (before incentives) to Target on 2019 Kia Optima S?

For anyone in socal, I started looking at Optima’s around L.A. and have found a couple dealerships willing to discount 15% of MSRP.

1 Like

Good to hear! The NJ dealers make it sound like I’m crazy to even ask. Figure with the 2020 Optima around the corner and nobody wanting sedans anymore, they would be giving them away. Plus, the end of the quarter coming soon.

I’m glad to hear that I was not the only one who has had terrible experiences at multiple Kia dealerships. We’ll keep fighting the good fight on our cars to not get burned. :+1:

So in that situation who is making the money? Just the dealership and F&I guy, or does the salesperson get a kickback of the higher interest rate being charged?

I’m sure F&I got a nice break off that APR!

Don’t waste your time going into dealerships

More drama from me and my stinger fiasco. I reached out last night to the dealer that gave me my first ridiculous offer. they’re willing to come off a whopping 3.6% off sticker. How laughable. I told them last night I’d do 8.2% off and they come back with that and they’re arguing with me telling me how good of a deal that is. 3.6%!!!

gotta roll with the punches…heh.

Ended up getting a 2019 Optima S, MSRP $26,100
Selling Price: $23,787 (about 9% off MSRP)
Got an extra $500 in incentives, for a total of $5560

With RV of 53% and MF of .00197, the payments on 36/10 worked out to:

$1750 DAS
$205/month

Not where I set my original budget, but an OK overall deal, LH score of 9.4. Wanted several safety features and push start, so base models were not an option. I priced out comparably equipped compacts and came in around $250/month with similar DAS. The best other offers were on a Sonata SEL and Elantra Value Edition, but the Optima was about $250 cheaper overall.

Not bad for what amounts to a cell phone payment!

What dealership finally gave in?

Raceway, I was able to pit them against Freehold Hyundai which is right across the street. To me, the Optima S and Sonata SEL are basically the same.

1 Like

Wow very surprising considering they were a bunch of d*cks. I had dealt with a salesman w the initials CR and dude wouldnt even shake my hand at the end when I declined their $399 a month offer for their Optima EX bc I was paying more for my current car and they were saving me money lol.

Send a kind letter to the GM regarding this impropriety.

Think that would get me a deal that makes sense logically/mathematically? Bc clearly what they came out with wasn’t even close to either. They must’ve tried to keep the 5k+ incentive for themselves.

Maybe? If nothing else it puts it out there that the salesperson isn’t putting their best foot forward regarding customer relations.