Good Deal?2019 Volkswagen Arteon SEL Premium 4MOTION (n00b Hackr)

Total n00b here. Vehicle in question is a 2019 Volkswagen Arteon SEL Premium 4MOTION. I read the Arteon thread on the forum and the general consensus is that it’s not a great leasing vehicle. I like the car a lot, however, so I want to look into it a bit more. Anyway, here’s what the calculator gave me. Thanks in advance!

That residual is going to kill any good deal on the car. Decent discount but have you tried a 5 series?

1 Like

If you like the car because of hatchback design, you should look into A5. A5 hatchback will cost you less or similar depending on options.

2 Likes

My well equipped Audi A4 with a similar MSRP is $160/month less.

This is laughable.

3 Likes

I have not but this is why I’m here. I liked the general looks and options of the Arteon but haven’t explored elsewhere yet. Edited after I realized you meant BMW.

I really liked the clamshell hood and grill the most, tbh. The interior and options were selling points as well. I honestly thought an Audi wasn’t even going to be close to something affordable. I’ll check them out. Appreciate it!

https://i.imgur.com/htL97sQ.jpg

Move on to Audi or BMW as already stated, that residual is awful

1 Like

So I started looking and the A5 is very nice. A local dealer is advertising $439/month (39/10k). Here’s the fine print:

Why are you looking at dealer ads? They’re never a good point of comparison.

This is standard offer and you can do better than this. If you don’t want to spend much time in negotiating, I suggest you talk to the dealers or brokers here.

lol-because as I stated, I’m a total n00b to all of this. This is literally why I am here; to not make mistakes that fine people like yourself are kind enough to point out.

Any advice as to what I should be looking at or comparing?

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t mind negotiating but I would want to do so from an educated position. You don’t know what you don’t know. Trying to learn but as you suggested it may be worth my time to go that route (which is something else I need to learn…).

In that case I’d start by searching here to get a feel of deals posted here. Also check with Edmunds forum to get the latest RV, MF, and lease incentives for your area.

1 Like

How about reading leasing 101 on here.

3 Likes

I’ve already done the Edmunds forum. I had searched on here for Arteon but there was only one thread and it wasn’t very informative (mostly about whether it was a hatch or not). I’ll start a new Audi thread if needed.

Thanks, again.

Ha-I’ll re-read. Lots of information to digest. Thanks for your time.

Some people on here are a bit harsh on new leasers. But don’t worry, far better to get some guff now then after the fact have people tell you your lease is buying the salesman a boat.

So yeah, read the leasing 101 on homepage. And just read some threads in ask the hackers section. You will get a hang of it. In the beginning there is a high rate of return for time spent on this website.

For my opinion, I get you want the arteon, it’s a nice car. I also wanted a sedan that didn’t lease well (Accord). I ended up paying cash. I’d agree with the above posters that if you want to lease you would probably be better off going Audi or BMW. At a minimum, see what it would cost to get the same features, or at least he features you care about, in a Audi/BMW.

1 Like

Just take some time and learn. All you need is the MF and residual for the model/trim you want (which can be obtained on Edmunds or from the dealer) then plug the msrp and selling price in the calculator. Then gather all the facts and post in ask the hackers.

1 Like

And incentives. And you shouldn’t be using the dealer as the source of the mf, otherwise you’ll have no idea if they’re marking it up.

1 Like