GO Car Subscription -Update. Never again!

Update: A year into my subscription and this just happened. 6/21/23 - I received an email stating they were canceling my subscription and vehicle had to be returned in 10 days. Reason given: Unforeseen circumstances, the economy, inflation, blah blah blah.

The real reason? My rate was too good. I know this because they offered a new vehicle at $100 off the first 12 months. Only vehicles available right now are Wranglers at $699. A Chevy Bolt at $459,$429 or GCL at $639 would be available 7/31. Everything else was 9/18 or later

I have to drive to a location in Miami which is about and hour away or pay $395 for someone to come get it. The car was originally delivered to me at no charge.

Full disclosure, everything they did is 100% allowed as part of the contract. It’s just a scummy thing to do. I’ve had no issues with GO or the car prior to this. Contacted them once about an oil change so it’s not like I was a problem customer. My vehicle was also significantly under the allowed mileage.

6 Likes

Had no idea this existed, keep us posted seems interesting… Also interesting is that they have a pre-set $0 down rate locked in on a 22 C300.

1 Like

The catch is you have you pay for their insurance… or in Florida a Florida fee because you use your own it seems. Still a compelling deal but not as good as when you can use your existing policy.;

Did you see this on their site? I can’t find anything about the fee being related to using my own insurance.

I’m assuming because Florida is the only state you can use your own insurance. Didn’t see it but the company is active on this site so @GOcarsubscription can probably chime in.

1 Like

Thanks for joining GO!

Regarding the $60
It’s a tax: Florida State rental surcharge. It applies to leasing cars too and would apply even if you got your car from a dealer. It applies for the first 30 consecutive days someone rents the same VIN at $2 per day. We don’t like these types of taxes either but unfortunately they are avoidable. Has no relation to whether a customer uses their insurance or ours.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Please see reply to Dimitri. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for clarifying.

I want to confirm that I’ll have some notice and flexibility on delivery time or day.

Also, i still don’t have a VIN so I can insure it. Can you assist?

Yes we’ll do our best to deliver around your schedule. Will check on your VIN and email you tomorrow.

Need some assistance. Tags were a no show yesterday. Then the driver was told 9-11 today and it’s another no show.

Checking with the vendor now. Definitely apologize for the delay. For a faster response, please email GO@drivego.com or text 855-827-2230

Vehicle delivered. Extremely happy with the experience. Everyone at GO, local transport people were all delight to deal with. Not sure if I’d go back to doing it the other way.

See my original post for a full timeline

1 Like

Any one with referral code for Drive GO new subscription ? @Dimitri1177

1 Like

I had a great experience with Go as well! Placed an “order” for a Sentra on April 7th w/an est. delivery of 4/25. Their transport partner delivered a new '22 Sentra without any issues. Took about 10 mins to do a quick walk around and take delivery. $300/month including ~$70/mo insurance through them which was around the same amount that my insurer was quoting.

Unfortunately, their referral program is currently down ($250 for each of us). They said it won’t be back online till a month or two.

2 Likes

I’m looking for a referral code as well. @Melteye?

Here you go!
NISSANDESAI250

A year into my subscription and this just happened. 6/21 - I received an email stating they were canceling my subscription and vehicle had to be returned in 10 days. Reason given: Unforeseen circumstances, the economy, inflation, blah blah blah.

The real reason? My rate was too good. I know this because they offered a new vehicle at $100 off the first 12 months. Only vehicles available right now are Wranglers at $699. A Chevy Bolt at $459,$429 or GCL at $639 would be available 7/31. Everything else was 9/18 or later

I have to drive to a location in Miami which is about and hour away or pay $395 for someone to come get it. The car was originally delivered to me at no charge.

Full disclosure, everything they did is 100% allowed as part of the contract. It’s just a scummy thing to do. I’ve had no issues with GO or the car prior to this. Contacted them once about an oil change so it’s not like I was a problem customer. My vehicle was also significantly under the allowed mileage.

1 Like

I’d be going on a road trip for the next 8 days and have them pick it up in Seattle if it’s only $395. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

What was your TCO for 1 year with the Pathfinder on a GO subscription?

It’s a little odd because the short term lease deals are decent on Pathfinder…