GMC Hummer EV... Reservation/Ordering/Delivery Discussion

I put $100 down on the SUV EV2X model. 600+ HP and 300 mile range sounds pretty good to me. The exterior style is going to have to grow on me, but definitely digging the interior. Not sure how serious I am but I figure I can always sell the reservation.

HUMMER EV2X
Estimated MSRP: $89,995
Available: SPRING 2023
2 MOTORS
ESTIMATED 300+ MILE RANGE
UP TO 625 HP / UP TO 7,400 LB-FT OF TORQUE

1 Like

The Rivian R1S is also looking pretty cool: Rivian

Cheaper too.

3 Likes

Wow… 4Runner maybe coming as an EV in 2045

8 Likes

That’s like 8 leases from now! I’m guessing they will be a bit late to the game then.

2 Likes

Ah! Haha! Good point!

Who would buy it?

3 Likes

Perhaps, no one. Perhaps, somebody who wants to move substantially up the list when the truck is actually available in 2+ years. Some trims are already sold-out (after 1 day of reserve-ability). Regardless, it’s refundable if I need to cancel.

Remember, The hummer EV only exists because of Tesla.

Are you sure you can transfer the reservation?

1 Like

And the point of that statement is what exactly?

3 Likes

I’m sure they won’t make it easy. Tesla prohibits transfers and people have still found a way. If not, my hope is that it follows the path of the C8, where just an opportunity to buy at MSRP, to immediately resell over, can be profitable.

That all said it’s availability lines up well with the expiration of my 2020 Sierra Denali lease, so as long as they make some type of reasonable lease/financing available I’ll probably stick with it.

I wish you endless luck, but do you really think this is likely?

1 Like

I think this thing is really cool but I’m prepared to wait it out, see what the future holds in the EV segment.

Yeah it’s an improvement, maybe in 20 years I won’t get coal rolled on me when I’m driving an EV. Right now, I get rolled probably two to three times a month, there’s like a whole club for it in Central PA called like 717 diesel outlaws or something.

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

The current generation Yukon & Tahoe are currently selling for MSRP and that was just a model refresh. I think it’s very likely they sell over MSRP, but perhaps not by as much as we’re seeing with the C8.

These vehicles are already 2+ years away… how much longer are you waiting it out?

On second thought for a hundred bucks I don’t see the harm really. I’m really curious how these will sell beyond the initial launch. Six figures (or close to it for many of them) is a tough sell. Then again at this rate that could be the average vehicle sale price on a 120 month loan by then :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t think you can take anything that’s happening in the market right now as an indicator.

The commercial for this was pretty awesome. Crabwalk looked neat, and auto rise was so speed racerish

2 Likes

Liked Lebron’s narration as well!

This thing might be worth 100 grand just to Crabwalk between lanes like a jerk if you have some aggressive driver behind you :crab:

1 Like