GMC 1500 2021 AT4 (good deal?)

Hi guys, I got the following offer from GMC on the new 2021 AT4 and wanted to check this groups reaction to it (I have organized financing of my own at a rate of 2.59% over 60 months for a purchase rather than a lease - hope this isn’t faux pa in these forums):

MSRP: $66,890
Discount: $11,836.36

Selling price: $55,053.64
Protection Plan + tint: $2,246
Total purchase: $57,299.64
Tax + fees: c.$4037

Balance: $61,336.26

Discount breakdown (having trouble getting the dealer to break this down but have added what I I think is the case):
Costco: $1000
“Employee pricing”: $1000
GMC incentives cash: $5500
Other / Dealer discount: $4336

Walking away with the truck incl. taxes + fees (Texas) for about $61k with 0 down and rolling all the taxes & fees into the financing.

Protection plan? What is in it , tint is $300 max

Do you qualify for bonus drive of $250?

1 Like

Protection plan is key replacement, pain & protection coating etc, nitrogen fill in tires and etch anti-theft. Thinking it’s probably not worth it?

The AT4 leases poorly so we don’t get alot of datapoints here on price. Usual answer is the Denali trim leases much better and is generally a better value as a result. With a 60 month finance you are talking an effective payment of over $1000 for a pickup truck at $61K OTD. That doesn’t make alot of sense to me.

As far as the actual price, when a dealer is adding $2246 for a protection package and not clearly breaking down discounts vs rebates, it’s usually time to find another dealer. You gotta pay to play with an AT4 for sure, but this seems excessive.

1 Like

You’re thinking correctly, find another dealer

Also figure out if there are tax credits available, leasing in TX without them doesn’t make a lot of sense

1 Like

I was referring to the protection plan! I thought that the discount was particularly good considering the current market and the fact it’s pretty difficult to actually get your hands on one of these at the moment. With all costs incl its c.18% discount (73000 down to 61000).

Thanks for all the responses so far.

I was referring to the protection plan, discount’s are irrelevant if the dealer tags on $2k of :ox::poop:. Yeah I didn’t notice you were looking at a purchase, find a dealer that actually breaks down the numbers and doesn’t add a bunch of crap on their cars.

(or lease a tundra and take a nice vacation every year!)

2 Likes
1 Like

Hey everyone,
Just got this quote from my dealer on the AT4s

0 down

6.2L. 3/12k. -$568
3/15k. $607

Diesel. 3/12k. $548
3/15k. $586

Thoughts?

Currently have a 2017 6.2L. Denali at $445 for 3/15k and tire package (actually got my money’s worth in the tire package, F Mi roads).

After incentives the 6.2L was $57,200
Diesel was $55,700

Hey there. About to start shopping for deals as F150 lease is ending. Did you end up signing. Curious of what you ended up with. I know end of year different than now but I have until May. Thanks

I ended up going with a Ram Rebel and purchased it with super cheap financing. The incentives on the AT4 were great but I preferred the RAM interior looks etc.

1 Like

How did you end up doing on the Rebel?

im no expert, but I still think it comes right back up to the full price almost. granted taxes protection plan etc all cost a lot.

I ended up buying the vehicle with financing at 2% interest rate rather than leasing.

Unfortunately it got hit in a hit and run and the thing was just totalled… back to the drawing board.

P.a. I loved the rebel so much I didn’t want to lease it, wanted to hang onto it for 5/6yrs+ until even thinking about a new truck! Likely to replace it with a rebel, may or may not lease Tbd.

Was the GAP on the loan pretty bad?

I am still going through the valuation process with the insurance. MSRP on the truck was about $66k with a few aftermarket options. Currently been offered $60k for it + tax. Thankfully I had a new car cover option on the insurance which pays out 120% (i.e. 20% on top of the actual cash value which is proving to be a life saver).

1 Like

It must have sustained a crazy amount of damage to be totaled (<$30K).

Hopefully everyone walked away OK.

Yep - it was c$35k + rental car for 6+ months due to parts shortage. I hope the other drive totalled his car as a minimum. I’m sure they were drunk (so common here in TX) and if the police ever get their act together I hope he’s caught and prosecuted. Honestly no idea how they were able to drive away.