GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

Thank you and yes - I read most of the thread and missed a post here and there.
Your post from August 18 answered my question.

My dealer said (through text) they would be willing to do the SOC but I probably need to initiate an order now since 2023 EUVs currently take “4 months” to arrive.

2 Likes

I’m trying to do a SOC for my leased 2020 Bolt. I built a 2023 EUV premier that matches my original MSRP. In the configured price, there is a $995 of Destination Freight Charge. Should this amount be included to match the original MSRP? Or shall I add more options?
Thanks

For those of you who had the free home charger installed from the Qmerit offer – did the installer visit your home prior to installing? The guy who Qmerit has assigned to my installation is asking for picture after picture of panels. I’m telling him he needs to get his a$$ over to my house like a normal installer and actually do the proper assessment for himself. Am I out of line here?

Maybe I should ask for a different installer?

So long as you’re willing to pay ‘like a normal installer’. Free is free for a reason.

But he is getting paid. It’s only “free” because GM is covering up to a certain amount

Shaggy dog story time: there once was a satellite company called DirecPC DirecWay, that had $600 install fee. Guy comes out and says $600 only covers a ‘basic’ install, my install will be $1500 AFTER the $600 ‘install credit’. I go online, learn how to install DirecPC, take a course and get certified as an installer, order and install it myself.

1 Like

Here are the terms and conditions. I haven’t read it all, but you may be interested in reading the finer details:

Damn…I’d just go with the EVGo credit myself, and plug in 120V overnight.

I had it done. They did ask for pictures which I gave them. Then the installer comes out and does an assessment then provides you with a quote. I was quoted $500 and apparently in the quote the actual job was $1500 where QMerit would cover only $1000. Suffice to say the installer tried to double dip and make as much money as possible so I called QMerit and requested for a different installer. QMerit reached out to the initial installer and finally the installer sent me a quote where I’d have $0 out of pocket. My installation was easy, they were literally putting the plug on the other side of the wall.

1 Like
  1. if you are referring to CVRP, then you are not eligible again for the SOC. there is an offer for free charger installation or $500 EVgo charging credit available, you will need to ask the host dealership to sign you up for this. here is the link for the program. Home Charging Installation | Chevrolet
  2. yes, you will need to send DMV another check of $22 for this.

Wow. I’m extremely late to the SOC party.

Leased a 21 Bolt in California April 2021 and GM started paying for a rental from September 2021.

In October 2022, GM advised me my battery replacement was available. The battery was ordered and arrived at the dealership. I have an appointment scheduled for the battery replacement in a few days. Is it too late to back out of the battery replacement and go SOC route?

I’m going to try it with my EV concierge rep. Still waiting on 3 months of rental reimbursements though.

Which dealer in CA are you using? I am in NorCal.

IME - yes. The buyback team has consistently told me that if a battery becomes available before my vehicle order is built, the battery replacement trumps a vehicle replacement.

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea about trading in or selling the SOC vehicle?
Do we need to buy it out first?
Does GM Financial allow us selling it to a 3rd party or trade it in?
I am about to get my SOC, the Bolt lease matures in Oct 2023 and I have an ID.4 on order to be delivered soon. It seems that given the equity in the SOC Bolt it’d make sense to take advantage of it rather sooner than later.
Thanks in advance for any tips and advice!

So am I understanding you correctly, if a battery becomes available for your current vehicle once the substitute vehicle has been built, you’re good to go no matter how long of a delay until the vehicle is presented for final delivery.

Not sure on exact details, but that is just what the buyback team told me consistently. I took delivery of replacement vehicle before the battery replacement could occur.

It is done. I was in and out of the dealership in about 30 minutes as well!

7 Likes

Congratulations on your new red line. Is that Summit white or silver flare metallic. Hard to tell from the lighting. Best of luck, looks great!

Silver Flare Redline with Sun and Sound and Super Cruise. That was fun to play with on the ride home!

2 Likes

Just be aware the mileage is awful on the highway. I have an EUV Premier, and my range (with 20% software reduction) is less than 160 driving around 75 mph in California…when its 70 degrees outside.

So plan accordingly.

I was also really surprised at the difference in various charging stations/companies. Do your homework…some were over 250% more than the cheapest ones!