GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

I’m also doing a SOC and used the CVRP rebate when I leased my Bolt. I called them and asked if I needed to hold the vehicle for 30 months. They told me that it was not required to do so since the vehicle has the fire risk recall.

I am not sure about CVAP however.

3 Likes

Did you ask about ordering? Nobody will give you a current inventory at sticker.

That’s how I swapped my Bolt into a ZL1

I’m in the process of doing a swap as well with a bolt leased from Ethan.

Did you have to pay a big usage fee? I was sent a letter stating I had to pay miles driven x purchase price divided by 120,000. So to swap into a new bolt would cost $9,000 with me having 27,000 miles on my 2020 Bolt. I’m debating on just having GM repurchase it and put money down on a used model 3 purchase.

I’m honored that my post was linked in this thread!

Yeah, I would sell now if you want to get something else. Btu make sure you can either take delivery shortly or have another car to drive. I ordered a Ford Bronco 2 years ago, and a Ford Maverick 1 year ago. Neither have been built. The 911 I put my name on the list on 9 months ago is scheduled for production though, so I guess that’s something!

No, fortunately for me I didn’t pay anything. I had 16k miles on my 2021 Bolt. They just put me into a 2023 EUV with $0 and kept my same contract I had with Ethan which was the one pay and 21k residual. I essentially got GM to approve the repurchase and they put me into the 2023 Bolt. It took about 8 months time however.

The highest offer I got so far is $32,000. Blows my mind since it only has 20 miles on it. Its a $39k MSRP car. Any other recommendations on a third party who would pay top dollar?

I can sell and make 11-12k profit and put it on a model 3 and take delivery in a week basically but the model 3 base is 50k now…

I was going to comment that I saw another hackr swap from a Bolt to a ZL1 and that seemed like a big win lol

Well that’s a relief because that would put you in the same position as half of the forum’s active users!

In fact, I might just merge this into the Bolt SOC thread since this is the exact same conversation we’ve been having for the last year and a half.

2 Likes

You had mentioned you received $1000 EV go credit. Which vehicle did you get that on the 2021, or the 2023. I’m in the same position as you are. I didn’t get any credit with my 2021, is it on the 2023, if so I thought it was only $500 if you didn’t get the charger but I didn’t know that was applicable with SOC. Thanks in advance for clarifying

This is correct. Dealer confirmed that I’d be receiving the $500 when I completed SOC last week.

For the 2021. For 2023 its $500 now. With the 2021 I got $1000 and the charger

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t get anything with my 2021, from my understanding, not many people did. How did you pull that off?

I believe it was part of the CVAP program in CA, I got $1000 EVgo credit with my 2020, and then $500 when I SOC in to my 2022 which is a Chevy incentive

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense. I only applied for the CVRP and there was no credit from the dealer at that time. Thanks for the reply!

Just received my SOC offer (in NJ) that seemed too good to be true…until I saw the Window Sticker of my car that arrived at the dealership at the same time…without Sun-n-Sky, SuperCruise and illuminated port options.
I am actually pretty happy that I’ll be compensated in cash for the lack of these options, as I won’t be driving this car for too long and plan on trading it in within the next few months, anyway.
The dealer also said that SuperCruise was “on hold” and that other options were possibly missing due to the “chip shortage”.
What surprised me is that neither the dealer nor I were communicated order changes to.

2 Likes

How are you going to be compensated in cash? This brings up another issue for other people doing SOC. When you signed off on your documents with your re-purchase coordinator did they give you any invoice or any other documentation to show the way the car is going to be equipped? Thanks

Dealer is cutting the check, according to the amount indicated in the offer letter.
Sure, I did have my order confirmation with all options and the MSRP.
The arrived car was ~$6K cheaper than my original order’s MSRP.

Getting ready for the delivery of SoC 23 EUV Premier.
Since I have 2 months left in the lease, would it be possible to just buy it upon delivery and get the $7500 fed tax credit? @Gearhead were you able to do this? TIA!

I don’t think so. SOC is a lease collateral replacement, not a purchase.
You can buy this car out later, but then it won’t be new to be eligible for the Tax Credit.
One hypothetical scenario I am wondering about - will lease buyouts qualify for Used Car purchase incentives, if other conditions are met (income cap, 2 y.o. car under $25K)

Finally got a host and have an SoC order set! Trying to max out a 2023 EUV Premier. Looks like I got all the packages added except for either of the all weather floor mat options. Dealer says he can’t add to the order as they’re constrained/not available right now. Strange. I’m just gonna go with it I guess, as I want to get my order in asap.

1 Like