GM offering 0% financing for 7 years, deferred payments amid coronavirus outbreak

Re: FCA vs Ford

All of them will end up cutting dividend but Ford has been Swiss cheese financially.

2 Likes

There goes my hope to buy them low for a nice yield.

Weā€™re going to see a lot of this across many companies and industries

2 Likes

jfc the furniture baron strikes again! That dividend (and bonus dividend) has been propping the stock price for a while.

When the board ejected Mark Fields, I sold everything, and donā€™t regret it. Alan Mulally saved them from the brink, only to end up back on skid row.

4 Likes

Go from the chief engineer of the 777 to a guy that sells office chairs.

#Monolopymoney

1 Like

Received an email this morning about VW

Just Announced!! 0% Financing on all NEW 2019 & 2020 Volkswagen models for 72 months to all qualified buyers until 3/31/2020.
Even better, the 1st payment is not due for 180 days, thatā€™s half a year!!!

6 Likes

I know this is Lease hackr. But Im very intrigued to go for this. MY lease is up in 3 months and was going back and forth about leasing again or buying. GM offering 0% and no payments for up to 120 days. Im thinking about it. When it says for very well qualified buyers, im curious what those terms are.

Is it really 0% tho?

1 Like

Top tier, above 720 IIRC

1 Like

Here is the sad part. The people who should be taking advantage of these deals usually donā€™t have the credit to do them, they are always screwed.

I can see both sides. Some are simply irresponsible, and deserve their credit. Others were in a bind, got behind and are diligently trying to dig themselves back out of a hole due to unfortunate circumstance. Theyā€™re the ones that get shafted.

Yeah, the last girl that worked for me had a sub prime credit score. She originally signed a bad lease deal on Jeep, then turned that into a 84 month sub prime loan on a Challengerā€¦

1 Like

I was thinking that. I feel itā€™s a good opportunity for me. I feel bad Iā€™ve had family who have been laid off during this. But me personally Iā€™m still working cause Iā€™m still considered essential. Iā€™m amazed that I had two dealers today telling me to come in person. I get it but they should understand too

they should take this opportunity to do remote sign and delivery kind of thingā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m going to call another sealer tomorrow and see what they say.

What state? A lot of states are closing non-essential businesses. so maybe it will be the last chance before everything gets locked down.

NJ. Iā€™m curious how much off MSRP they would go given being on the risk of closing.

NJ closing non-essential businesses most likely tomorrow.

all depends on the model. i am not sure how quickly youā€™ll be able to sign and take delivery. Good Luck!!!

The Sierra 1500. Or a Colorado id take either tomorrow if they can do a deal lol

Reminds me of the financial crisis all over again. Sales of new cars are going to collapse as the consumer is now king and they the little nothings!!