GM CEO announces thousands of job cuts, factory closures & more

They must be doing something right. Sierra + Silverado sales are about 125k higher than Ram

3 Likes

Silverados can be had for cheap. A coworker just leased a Silverado with a $48K MSRP (granted thatā€™s fairly cheap for a pickup) for 36/12 for $350/month. I donā€™t know how Rams compare to that, but that could be a big reason for the difference in sales.

2 Likes

I leased a $43k Silverado for less than $300 with minimal due at signing. So in the sweet spot itā€™s good, however Iā€™m seeing some F150 deals on the forum that were better than that for what I think is a better truck.

Ruh Roh Raggyā€¦

Edit: Sorry @ursusā€¦missed your article above

Not mine lol

Yeah it wasā€¦yours said essentially the sameā€¦

I didnā€™t write it, so itā€™s not mine. I just posted a link :smile:

GM made billions last year and the years before that as well I believe

SO who wants a Chevy Cruze lease???:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

My prediction, fire sale on cruze and bigger incentives on volt but lower resduals.

I can see this happeningā€¦but most likely not on a lease. Theyā€™re not going to want it back in 3 years

You are way wrong.

GM lost $3.9 Billion last year. But if you exclude costs of selling Opal they made all of $300 million.

I guess that $50 Encore lease they gave me last year really hit their profits.

Fiat thoā€¦

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-29/fiat-is-said-to-spend-5-7-billion-to-revamp-italy-car-plants

Apparently, thereā€™s a new sheriff in town now that Marchionne is gone

Funny thing is that back in 2015 Marchionne shared his opinion that car manufacturers waste too much money on research and should consolidate their efforts, which is what GM doing.

Not really.

The real bright spot was in the automakerā€™s pre-tax profits, which totaled $12.8 billion. That matches its record in 2016 and resulted in profit-sharing checks of up to $11,750 for GMā€™s roughly 50,000 hourly UAW workers.

The Detroit automakerā€™s earnings-per-share also reached a record $6.62. GM said last month it expected earnings-per-share of $6.50.

Chevy makes reliable cars. They are better at it than you think.

Iā€™d rather go off my first hand experiences with many GM vehicles over any potential pay to play awards or surveys.

1 Like

Many?!? Something kept you coming back.

Payment % vs MSRP.

I have FOMO