Gladiator Rubicon Numbers Popping Up

Seeing ads finally

Was this with the fabled 93% RV? I suspect not.

1 Like

I mean this doesn’t seem too bad really. Only 1st payment due at signing and under 1% before tax? The only thing fishy is “equal or under $58,680”

Thats not fishy.

Theyll do that deal on a Rubi at that MSRP :slight_smile:

Just protecting themselves.

If i had a need and or time and knew the market was ready to blow in these I’d grab a few leases, and flip them.

36/10 looks to be ~71% per Edmunds

Still fairly high

Looks like the residual is 87% for an automatic Sport model(msrp ~$41,000) for 24 months and 10k miles. The MF is really high at approximately .0022+.

How would buying the lease out work? Wouldn’t it just be the same as buying it? What is the benefit?

With other leases I have seen if you pay for the lease in full right away they either reduce or in some cases eliminate the money factor(interest rate).

How is this a deal or a tip?

4 Likes

I’m not entirely sure what you’re talking about. Buying out a lease as opposed to just buying to begin with only makes sense if lease incentives >>> purchase incentives.

If you buy out a lease, you owe sales tax on the buyout amount and you’re also paying interest on the new financed amount unless paying cash. The finance charges would be substantially higher even at a lower APR due to financing $41k instead of $6k or whatever the lease cost is. You’ve also just paid an acquisition fee for no apparent reason. TINSTAAFL.

3 Likes

LMAO at all these hypotheticals.

Let’s see what this thing actually retails for after 2-3 years, and not just assume it’s going to be worth 87-71% the captive sets it at.

He’s talking about a one pay. Apparently he has seen a one pay option where they reduce the MF to zero.

1 Like

You must be the mouse in his pocket, because I don’t read that at all :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Does Chrysler Cap even do a one pay MF reduuction? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a one pay from this forum on an FCA product.

1 Like

I don’t think FCA does, I just think that’s what he is trying to say.

What’s us bank deals on these? For my wrangler Rubicon I got best numbers with us bank.

You still have to pay interest on the residual, even if you do a one pay.

1 Like

Yes you are correct. I was thinking of buying out the lease completely but then it depends on the resale value actually being worth 87% which may or may not be the case. You would also have to either pay for the residual out of pocket or finance that residual at a low interest rate.

Yes I was confused. Only a full buyout will reduce the interest to zero. This would only be beneficial if the car is actually worth the full 87% after two years and you could find really low financing for the residual.