Getting out of Volvo lease

Dealer didn’t buy it. VCFS took it back. obviously had to return it to a dealership though.

Haven’t received that yet

Not even if you are getting into a new lease anymore?

has to be shown as a trade then by the dealer.

1 Like

Since I’m moving, I’m going to have to buy my s60 to take advantage of the positive equity. Good thing it’s close to 5k positive, taxes take close to a third, but I’ll still be up.

Aren’t taxes 9%

9% tax on the full buyout could eat up 1/3 of the positive equity.

Buyout at $18500 @ 9% is $1667, or 1/3rd of $5000.

I know how to math :slight_smile: lol

Was more curious what his buyout is against the 9% tax rate

I expected a buyout around $30K against the 9% (assuming his tax is 9%-im not sure)

believe 6 on a purchase.

1 Like

That would make more sense!

6% sales tax in PA. 6% sales tax + 3% usage lease tax in PA + county or city tax (Philly/Allegheny only).

What’s your payoff v offer?

Plus tax. Excludes MSDs. I’d owe a hair under 1500 in tax, and value is about 28-29. 5k is very generous, but if I walk away with 2k towards living costs, I’m happy.

Dump it.

Especially before weather turns cold

FWIW, Volvo quoted me a bit under $1750 to get out of my 2019 XC60 lease (21 months in), with approx $1090 being projected property taxes for VA, and I’d get my MSDs back… Don’t need 2 cars right now and really hate the car for lack of cooled/perforated seats in the summer (esp since we’re in TX for now) but with my luck, our jobs will go back to being in person in the fall and we’d need to scramble to get a 2nd car :man_facepalming:

Call and tell them to bill you for the actual property tax after they receive it from your county. Otherwise, you are overpaying by around $800 prorated. You’ll never be able to claw it back from Volvo.

buy the car and then immediately sell it. unless it’s a low msrp t5 momentum, there’s some value in it

The $1090 seems to be right about spot on for Fairfax County (last year in 2020, it was $1730) – gotta love Northern VA

Probably lower end of average optioned out T6 Momentum ($53k build)… trade in value from the online guys/carmax seem to be around $36k, payoff is just above $38k, probably b/c VA taxes whole purchase price up front and I rolled that in. If it ever breaks even, will probably move on, but probably won’t pay to get out of it

On a brand new XC60 with a $55K sticker the tax would be $1,955 for the whole year (Jan 1 - Dec 31). On a 2 years old, the full year tax would be $950 (at 60% RV) for the whole year - close enough to $1,090 estimated. Prorated for 7 months would be $554. This is for the private vehicle.

1 Like

You’re right, didn’t think about prorating for only a part of the year. Thanks!

1 Like