Getting messed over at a Volvo Store

Exactly! But when asked for this, he did not even submit anything to the bank. Also, if I am paying for the last 2 years for my car, credit cards, all reflected on my credit report…why the heck would you need pay stubs to swap out one car payment for a similar payment on another car (especially with a 732 score)? My friend got a BMW 435i with no paystubs and 680 score, with NO PRIOR car history. Payment was 670. They never asked anything from him.

1 Like

As @Qbrozen said it’s not the dealer, it’s the lender. They aren’t going to push something through because you are unhappy if they know the lender will reject the lease altogether. Your gripe is with VCF, not the dealer/finance manager.

And it’s useless to compare experiences across different captive finance arms as they each have their own underwriting criteria, credit tiers, etc.

1 Like

I’d say that finance guy is a tool, with a score like that it would be an automatic approval, and as stated by the OP the finance guy wanted all these stips without submitting it to Volvo. He was probably trying to set you up for a rate bump, “oh well I really had to push them, but I got you a tier 2 approval”, “can I see the approval?”, “oh I wish I could show you, that’s not allowed by Volvo and the penalty is death by trampling”

2 Likes

Lol

Good thing Volvo doesnt rate bump by tier.

It’s approved or not with them.

1 Like

He did not send it to the lender!! It was the moment he pulled my report.

So they are more like home loans, pass or fail

1 Like

Currently - but I think that’s their way of trying to grab market share.

It will have to change at some point

1 Like

I knew it should have been an immediate approval, but he didn’t even bother sending it in. Requesting paystubs on the spot, before sending my app to Volvo, got me very angry, and I walked out.

I’m sure he’s familiar with their approval criteria and knows before submitting if it will be approved.

Try a diff dealer.

1 Like

So maybe he was going to mark up the rate and say it was because Volvo bumped the tier, all the while Volvo has no tiers, even more shady…:sunglasses: :speedboat:

1 Like

So you are saying with a 732 FICO score, and 2 years of car payment history, this was going to be a denial? I have seen people with no auto loans and 680 scores get approved for Volvo’s (because I worked there a while ago).

Yeah because finance guys are always straight shooters, you’re giving the stealership way too much credit, I call :ox::poop: on all of it. Out of all the people in the stealership, the finance guy is usually the most shady, trying to tell you the rate is higher or selling you overpriced crap like unlimited blinker fluid refills. They straight up lied to me about whatever they were selling 2 out of the last 4 deals I’ve signed.

1 Like

I know Volvo does not have tiers.

That is why I just walked out. Super glad I did.

If you really want the car just go to another store or go get a bimmer!

2 Likes

I don’t want that car anymore ahah

I will just wait till my lease expires, and look again. It was stupid of me to just loose 2k in trading in. Why not wait a year, and loose much less, if any money at all.

2 Likes

It may vary but comparing one guys situation to another doesn’t really fly.