2018 Volvo S90 T5 Mom AWD

the link below is an ESTIMATE based on what i believe are your numbers. I don’t have DMV info so that is excluded. You can tweak the calc to attain your deal numbers.

thanks for that. I assume tax is on the MSRP not the discounted price?
we’re at 8.625% in NYS, unless cars are different which I’d doubt in this state.
DMV is something under $200 for xfer.
Put in my numbers. That is substantially less than I was quoted.
Thanks. Guess I’ll wait for Michael to confirm numbers.
Hope I posted in the right place there, but I guess that’s you, tonyg, after my post.

Tax is on the sales price, not msrp.

thanks JB. Does sales price include incentives or just the discount?

i am also shopping a sonata lease this month so that’s why i am up on the numbers. The edmunds forums for most sedans are very quiet; could take a while for them to respond. There are only 2 moderators for sedans.

I think you see that your initial numbers of 4750 driveoff and 316 per month was not a good deal. Sonata sales are terrible so you can get a great deal this week with a little more work.

yea, I think you’re right. Now I’m thinking I got whacked on the 15.5 S60 when I leased it.

I’m coming out of a 2015 sonata 2.0T limited (Fully loaded $34,800) lease, first month and dmv out of pocket ($650) and my payment was 320 a month, that deal is terrible lol

don’t look back; water under the bridge…

local inventory:

local incentives:
https://www.autobytel.com/hyundai/sonata/2018/incentives/

advantage hyundai?

I just checked the NYS DMV transfer fee $60. Dealer quoted $180, nice mark up.
I think mid sedan sales in general are way down. All I see is SUVs and $$$ sedans.

yes. advantage hyundai.

more like flood over the bridge, heh, heh, heh

that $4750 will add $150/mo to your payment if you spread it over 36 months. you are at almost $500 per month for the Sonata and you can get far better cars for this.

just looked at my water under the bridge S60. Seems I got 17% discount on that. Feel better about that now.

based on TonyG link to lease calc, fees should be $1200 + bank fee, assuming doc and/or acquisition fee is different than bank fee.
TrueCar shows $28330 as configured (8% discounted), in my area and a lease of $420 w/$2000 down.
Gigantic differences.
I see the dealer prolly has on the car, though not indicated on my minuscule paperwork that is only a photo.
Mats $125, Cargo net $50, Rear bump protector $70 and Wheel locks $55.
Could car less about a net. Not sure about others.

Have you looked at the S90? There are some extra incentives in the northeast for S60 owners which might help get you close to same payment you are shooting for on the Sonata. Especially if you can get Costco/Aplan.

I did look at the S90. Maybe I’ll look again. Seemed like more car than I wanted, but after driving the Sonata … maybe not.
and I am a CostCo member

Here is a theoretical NY deal on a T5 and T6, with S60 loyalty, 10% off MSRP and 3k A-plan bonus (last 2 entered in trade in field).

T5 AWD

T6 AWD

wow! the 1st is a bit less than the S60 now at $312.
Dunno the diff between the T5 and T6.
The T6 says 24 months lease instead of 36, or doesn’t that matter?
I’m CostCo Exec? Is that the A plan discount? Would I go thru CostCo I guess?

T6 has a bigger engine. I picked the lease term that gave the lowest payment. On the T5, 24 and 36 month were the same. On the T6, 24 months was cheaper. Costco is the same as A-plan, a $3000 bonus. I think you would need to print your a-plan PIN through Costco, but I would go directly to dealers as going through Costco may want dealers to only offer the standard invoice pricing for the vehicle (6% when 10% is target). There are numerous S90 threads that discuss negotiating strategies, when to mention A-plan, etc.

thanks. I’ll read further.

what is Volvo MSD program? Nevermind, apparently not in NYS

It’s also one of the least impactful compared to Infiniti, Lexus and MB.