2018 Volvo S90 T5 Mom AWD

I’ve been offered Paint Ding Dent and Wheel and Tire for ~$50/mo additional, total.
Is that the extent of “gap” insurance or should I be looking elsewhere?
My reg auto ins co doesn’t offer “gap”.

WTF does paint/dent and tire etc protection have to do with GAP?

GAP insurance is a term you can easily google if you don’t understand what it is.

2 Likes

That is not gap insurance, its wear and tear and looks like its way too expensive for that car.
GAP might be included for Hyundai in NY. I think only Toyota charges for it and even then it would be like 150-200 dollars total.

if it is a HMF lease, then gap is included.

$50/month is crazy high for that package…pass

steevo - what makes the W&T is way to expensive?
though I would agree.
I think I paid $10/mo for my 15.5 S60.

I guess you answered it yourself! 1800 dollars is an awful lot of tire and rim damage on a Sonata.

perhaps you should post your prospective deal before you sign anything. i am up to speed on Sonata as i may lease one myself in the next 5 days…

18 Sonata Ltd 2L with Ultimate package. MSRP 31500 less 3500. $316/mo fees and taxes,only. up front.

guess the only other questions is whether Memorial Day might have a substantially better deal.

fees and taxes add up and can make that attractive monthly seem lower than it is.

any incentives other than what is available to all (like college grad, military)

do you mean the 2.4 base engine?

Memorial day isn’t going to get you a better deal. Maybe even a worse deal because people are fooled into thinking there are deals and thus flood the dealer with people. More people = less deals

1 Like

How much is that?

Post the full deal. Better to get some critique here than regret it for the next 36 months.

taxes, bank fee, dmv $4750. that’s as much info as I have. no other incentives.
yes, 2.4L base engine, not turbo. other were no other extras/accessories indicated to me, like matts, etc.

Oh dear god that sounds like a terrible deal

that is a ridiculous number (4750); i hope you haven’t signed that turkey yet?

lease cash is 3500
discount from msrp should be at least 10%
do you have money factor and RV%?

I have not signed. Yes, lease cash $3500. MSRP is 31500-10% is 28350.
don’t have $ factor or RV%.
so, what to do next? another dealer, out of town, way out of town is working on it.

So are you getting the msrp - 10% price? You should get all the numbers first.

you ask on the edmunds forum for mf and rv%; need to provide local info (zip)

this is my 2nd lease. I think I did more research on the S60 when I leased it 3 years ago. such a pita.

OK. I’ll go back to edmnds.

But ask the dealer you are working with to make sure the numbers match up.