FYI, Q2 ends on 6/30

Car dealers operate on a cycle. And, in my opinion the deals really start at the end of Q2 and continue aggressively until the end of Q3. Below are the top reasons:

1. 6/30 marks the halfway point of the year. Revenue numbers are released at the end of the quarter and speculation begins. The last half of this month

2. While 6/30 is the end of the quarter, many companies will try and rebound and build a sold Q3 with deals during the long weekend.

3. Q4 is notorious dead time for car dealers. The fact is known so low revenue numbers don’t have quite the impact. As a result, they will be more inclined to make massive sales in late Q2/Q3 in order to compensate.

4. New models are consistently released during the summer season. No, you won’t be getting a discount on those, but you will be getting a discount on the 2017 models that came before them.

So my advice, unless you NEED a car right today, if the deal isn’t right, no reason to bite. Wait a couple weeks and I guarantee the deal you would be getting today is either A. Still there or B. Even better.

2 Likes

Thanks, you win the “Orrefors crystal gearshift knob” award!

4 Likes

He’s very on the point w/ this.

I have heard from many stores in my area, that May was a bad month.

You didn’t know this, or anything else in ## 2-4? :slight_smile:

Presented by Goldmember himself in a special ceremony :slight_smile:

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder280/60907280.jpg

I think end of December is really really good. That is pressure for quarter / year end and monthly quotas plus holiday feelings. Car companies give good incentives and leftover model year while slim pickings if you aren’t fussy can be amazing.