Free track day at BMW Thermal

Looks like BMW is offering a free track run at BMW Thermal. Instructions are on this link. You have to have leased in 2021.

2 Likes

The New Owner’s Track Drive is a partial day program that’s free for all new BMW purchases made in 2020.

I’m guessing purchases in 2020 are eligible as well?

From a bit higher up on the page: “Program certificates must be redeemed within one year of purchase“

Guess it depends when in 2020 you got it, but potentially!

2 Likes

Heads up for anyone, this doesn’t apply for loaners. I leased a loaner 330 this July and called the Thermal center. They ran my VIN and said the car isn’t eligible for the program.

4 Likes

That was a thing since last year. You can choose either take delivery at the dealer or the performance center for free. If take delivery at the dealer, you can make an appointment to the performance center to do the half day program and you can drive several models. If take delivery at the center, they only allow you to drive the same model you bought. I did this in the SC performance center, right next to the x model factory. First is a small off road course using x5, then an autocross size track, drive 3 laps on z4, m2, m4, m5, x4m. Finally is riding with the instructor doing drift on the track. You can also bring one friend for free.

There was also a free 1 day m school program for new m car owners, not sure if it is still a thing now.

Link goes to United BMW in Georgia. Might want to clarify whether this is applicable to BMWs purchased/leased anywhere in the USA or just at participating centers.

1 Like

Applicable everywhere. Other dealers also have similar pages setup on their website.

1 Like

Here’s the national link… New Owner’s Track Drive is at the very bottom of the page:

2 Likes

Yup - applicable everywhere, I got mine at a different dealer but had no problem

1 Like

Book your hotel around La Quinta. Much easier drive to Thermal in the morning.

1 Like