Forums for "Under 200", "Under 300"

What about setting up an online quiz for new members? 35 question test. Multiple choice. Requires you to read the main site articles. Include some questions that apply concept comprehension and scenarios to grasp understanding. Once a new member gets over 85% they are allowed to post!

5 Likes

Good in theory, however, it still doesn’t stop someone’s first post from being “where can I find X car for 99/mo?”

1 Like

It’ll thin the heard of the “Ive searches the forums and read the site and still don’t know my answer!” Folks.

3 Likes

I’ve just started ignoring allot of posts, then they go away to the bottom of the pile.

1 Like

My personal opinion…6 month ban for anyone that asks to “pm the dealer details” on first offense…lifetime thereafter. :grin:

4 Likes

This too has been suggested in the past … I look forward to seeing what @littleviolette has in mind and will ultimately roll out to make searching and navigating easier for newer members. But it doesn’t give new users a pass on having to educate themselves on the basic of what info is needed to better a deal.

2 Likes

Luxury unicorn deals don’t really belong in under $200/mo IMO. Maybe if the homepage deals were updated more often? Can we guest post there? I would like to see cheap deals but likely to be BEV or PHEV due to rebates. Sentra, Impreza could be included. Would eliminate noob questions regarding deal of the month. There can definitely be a section for rubber stamp deals like those. Great albeit boring deals regardless of incentives. Sorry for the ramble. Just a few thoughts.

Subaru unicorns? I guess stranger things have happened…

Deals aren’t national though. What you can do in NorCal is likely different than what you can do in Florida. I’m not sure what posting these deals on the front page is going to do outside of giving someone false expectations if XY and Z don’t line up for him/her.

1 Like

This. I’ll use the 530xi I posted in deals recently as an example with an effective tax rate of 20% over the life of the lease for Texas residents.

False expectations are what grows this forum!!

3 Likes