Forums for "Under 200", "Under 300"

A lot of people come here looking for “The best deal for under XXX.” The way the forums are currently set up, it is almost impossible to efficiently find that information.

It would be nice to have a section where posts can be made for deals that fit certain low price criteria.

2 Likes

Every deal is as different as the next. Just because someone snags a Hyundai for $200/mo or a BMW for under $300/mo doesn’t mean it’s going to be replicable under normal circumstances and regularly at that.

3 Likes

Agreed, but if people know that a deal happened at a certain threshold, then we can look and see if it is possible to replicate it. It opens possibilities and invites further research and time spent on the site.

Just mentally circle the prices in the thread titles in orange, and then decide if a thread is relevant to your needs.

5 Likes

Haven’t seen much of anything under $200, so if you find anything, post it. Maybe a base double cab :taco:.

1 Like

That is what I do, and it’s cumbersome to say the least. That’s why I started this thread.

The majority of people, when shopping for a vehicle, have a budget and class in mind. They don’t want to have to sift through pages of posts of luxury leases to find out what is available for, say, 250-300.

Run a search for known non-luxury brands.

2 Likes

Many non-luxury brands don’t lease very well (as you know).

1 Like

Yeah, working hard for a good lease you can afford and meets many of your needs sucks. We need to find a way to spoon feed people better so they don’t have to do anything. I definitely support your plan.

6 Likes

How about a separate forum for cars with black interior?

It’s the only color I’d consider.

4 Likes

Organizing posts into separate categories is definitely spoon-feeding the ignorant masses. Perhaps we should just remove them all and have one big list of posts without any forums. That’ll teach those lazy grifters!

That’s a great idea if only there was a forum requirement that all subject include model, monthly payment and term (Make, region, state etc. should be identified in tags) This is something I’ve recommended in the past to the Trusted Hackr’s team, but unfortunately such a structure has not been implemented.

There are things that can be done to help members better navigate the forum, but for now we have what we have and it does take a lot time spent searching and sifting thru tons of messages to find what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

We are working on new tools that would help members, especially those who are new to the community, better navigate through the sea of offering on the forum, though the best deals will still require work on your part. Leasehacking is a craft that takes time to hone but that doesn’t mean that you ought to start with bare hands. We are always striving to make Leasehackr a more resourceful and accommodating platform. All of us are here because we like to share and help! Thank you for your suggestion and for being part of the development of this community. We hope the upcoming feature will eventually help new comers and seasoned hackrs alike!

5 Likes

Thanks CaptQ and littleviolette

Even just being able to sort or search by monthly payment would be an 80% improvement.

You’ve both received this weeks award

2 Likes

+1.

2 years back all I could see here during summer was F-Type or Q50 RS deals and I went ahead and got a Q50 RS because there was enough support for those deals being well replicated just by sheer number of posts. Today, I was searching a sub-200 deal for my girlfriend, and I am having a hard time reading through all this, trying to think if I am missing out on some great car that purchases expensive but leases cheap.

I just realised I need cars.com capabilities for leasehackr.

tl;dr: I think the easiest thing would be to have the lease calculator store data in a Google Sheet and have that publicly accessible by members. Then you get all sort of sort and filter capabilities through Google Sheets

1 Like

High MSRP isn’t the only metric you should be looking at.

Example: CamCordTima’s (insert vanilla car) may not lease as well per their MSRP compared to a 3/4GC but they will most likely come equipped better lease dollar for lease dollar.

Two people cannot win one award. There would have to be two available.

One gets a participation trophy instead.

4 Likes

1 Like