Ford Raises Price of Mach-E by up to $8,475

1 Like

The extra $975 is a nice little jab in the eye.

2 Likes

I think some of these numbers are a little deceptive; if I read the order guide correctly, the GT now includes the panoramic roof and blue cruise standard, which somewhat reduces the increased price on it. Still, it’s a big bump, regardless, but worth considering if you are still looking to buy one of these…

real inflation is at 20%+ so this makes sense.

2 Likes

That’s not what my bills are saying. I’m probably clocking in at 30%+ YoY for household expenses.

6 Likes

I didn’t want to be called lier by government shills, but yeah my company has raised prices 20% in January 2022, 20% in July 2022 and another 20% is incoming for January 2023.

1 Like

True inflation is at least double the BS govt numbers.

If you believe 8% is the real number I have a lovely beachfront condo in Nebraska for sale.

4 Likes

Don’t believe your lying eyes. Believe the govt. they never lie.

3 Likes

Stay on topic guys. Oh wait…

7 Likes

Utility companies in UK requested and received approvals to charge 80% higher gas/electricity. I can’t imagine the rest of EU is going to fare much better. Inflation isn’t stopping.

Source - https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/26/uk-energy-bills-to-rise-by-80percent-in-october-as-regulator-announces-hike.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

1 Like

My costs are 100% yoy!! Speak the truth!

5 Likes

Agree with this. Rent, gas/utilities and food are double. That’s all I really spend money on. So my actual inflation from pre pandemic is 100% as well. business down about 50% to boot.

6 Likes

The only reason we’re up only ~30% YoY is because we have a close family friend who’s a butcher as well as mortgage being a fixed cost.

3 Likes

Weirdly enough home prices are NOT counted in inflation. Rent is counted but home prices on their own are not factored in. Now rents are a function of home prices of course, but just not perfectly linear.

Last rent increase on one of my properties was in June. Went from $1600 to $2100. And I could have done $2200 or $2300 easily. I like my tenants and didn’t want to lose them. But officially inflation is 8% lol.

3 Likes

Because you’ll own nothing and you’ll be happy.

4 Likes

Klaus is that you?

4 Likes

I am seeing nowhere near those levels of inflation. Renewed my rent with a 5.4% increase, not affected by gas prices thanks to my PHEV (have purchased gas three times since March), and food prices aren’t that ridiculous aside from a few items (looks at chicken prices). Sales at Safeway and Harris Teeter are still pretty much the same.

4 Likes

But that 5th covid shot still free. Take that inflation.

5 Likes

Yeah eff that shot. Why are all the old folks still alive, they should take one for the economy!

(My prior post was sarcastic but it seems too many here watch fox…)

2 Likes

Nah we need to give boosters to 5 year olds. Just pointing that there is no inflation really on the most important things.

1 Like