Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

March’22……

Dealers are fckin shady, I ordered one with Crapman, canceled, they kept the order in. Ordered one with Autocompanion, they don’t respond, no clue if it’s ordered. I just tried to order another one, most dealers by me are marking up at least 5k on an order. I ordered one through a dealer that advertised no mark ups, although there probably will be one, I’ll cancel it. Only good thing I saw was the Crapman order is scheduled and on my Ford acct, so if it gets built in November, I’m just gonna buy it online. Otherwise Ford and their Mach E can go fck themselves, order Fiskers.

2 Likes

So anyone converting, get a GT, value according to the dealers is def still there and you are 8500 on the plus side.

I canceled the Chapman order, however, it’s still relevant and I get emails from Ford. I wonder what happens when it comes in and built and I get the complete purchase now option and follow it through?

they probably wont even call you about it

1 Like

Why didn’t you just transfer the order to another dealership? It’s allowable

I might have been able to do that, but I ordered through Autocompanion with a discount. It might have been too complicated, hell, it’s already complicated just placing the order through a broker.

Why did you have to cancel your Chapman order?

As for the AutoCompanion deal, I went through that and my order was placed with the dealer. I didn’t have a need to follow up with the dealer after the initial contact, so cannot comment on that piece. When the car gets built or is close to showing up, I expect to hear more but at this point, I don’t think any dealer or broker can give us more information than we took your order — sit tight.

Chapman-1% off, AC-5% off, it was worth it to me to have a little value in it if I need to get out. Having said that, all I asked AC’s dealer for was a damn order number which they still haven’t given me. I don’t care about the process, I can track it on my own and won’t bother the dealer about it. I see a lot of GTs being scheduled so the tax credit can still happen, which is a big deal. The Chapman canceled order has a production start date, so if it gives me the option to finalize on Ford.com, wonder what happens if I do finalize?

You can find this on your Ford account once it has been ordered. No need for the dealer.

So everyone is aware, Ford, by policy, prohibits brokers. If they discover a third party broker was involved in the sale, they can cancel your order and penalize the dealer. Perhaps it’s worth the risk for a small discount, but not for me… also suggests the dealership is sketchy.

See: https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/industry-news/ford-adds-harsher-penalty-to-stop-brokers-resellers

2 Likes

Yea, it’s not on my Ford acct, only the one from Chapman. Unless however, after I canceled and re ordered Ford just kept it in there and didn’t change the dealer info? I have no clue, and I also didn’t know about the broker thing @z0lt3c , do the brokers know this?

It doesn’t make a difference anyway, Ford can make whatever statements they want, doesn’t stop anyone from doing what they want. They don’t want dealers marking up vehicles, guess what, most if not all dealers are marking them up, they can’t stop them. Ford can’t write its own laws, if I go through a broker, I go through a broker, they can’t stop it. What are they gonna do, investigate 1000s of orders or just take them?

My experience is Ford is only marking up vehicles if you fail to go through the proper reservation and ordering system, and are looking for an in-stock vehicle immediately. I have no problem marking up pricing on line jumpers and people who can’t follow the process and wait, like everyone else. This demand is actually what creates the profit potential we are all chasing here.

Ford has just sent a 2 month ultimatum to dealerships that if they want to continue to sell EV’s they must adhere to publish non-negotiable pricing online. I am pretty sure this will stop whatever ADM was happening on legitimate orders and reservations, for EVs at least.

Of course they can stop it. They can cancel your order for any reason. Even those who have proper reservations, and did not use a broker, have gotten orders cancelled by dealers for complete BS. I’ve also had to sign a no-resale clause when I bought my Ford Lightning and was told I would need to sign the same clause when my Mach-E is delivered. You have no leverage, they can essentially put whatever they want into the purchase contract.

Keep in mind the Ford family still controls 40% of the voting shares for Ford and has been threating to take the company private for years now, to better enforce these types of policies.

1 Like

I ordered another one last night, 5 local dealers had markups of 6k on “orders”. Ford won’t stop them, whatever statements they are making aren’t laws. Guarantee dealers will still be adding on markups, they may have to disclose it, but they are anyway so what’s the difference?
Good luck with Ford canceling orders, that won’t happen, shit I tried to cancel my own order and it’s still ordered.
I wouldn’t put too much thought into Ford having their act together, because they don’t. Look at their assembly process with the Bronco, Lightning, Mach E, they are terrible.

I’ve been watching the GTPE values for the last few months & they seem to be drifting lower. May be a regional thing (I’m in SoCal) or might be they don’t see value in the PE version (with the HVBJB issue). Either way YMMV.

So is that why there are no Ford brokers on LH?

Autocompanion does Ford deals.

As much as I disdain blessings… I am trying to find a 22 Mach-E with max $5k markup. The 23 price increase is more than that on certain models and if I can get the 22 now, I can capture the $7500 Fed credit and I think there is still a $2k Cali rebate.

The problem is my search is very specific… looking for a Space White RWD Standard Premium (or Select with Comfort/Tech).

Had some luck recently because a buddy of mine was also looking… he found a Premium AWD Extended with only a $2k markup and was going to the dealership to get it but someone offered $20k over (unsure how true that was). He ended up with a Cal1 AWD with a $5k markup that a dealer told me about because it was a customer order that fell out (so was unlisted).

And yes… I am in contact with Autocompanion but they want me to place a 23 order which doesn’t make sense with the increases and possibility of missing the Fed credit.

The hunt is ongoing…

1 Like

Are you in OC? I’ve been looking but have been unable to find any cars with such small mark ups.

I have a 2023 with a build date at the end of October but I’d rather take a 2022 with a 2k mark up any day.