Ford Expedition lease - numbers not adding up

I’m am in the market for 2019 Ford Expedition 4wd platinum. I’m in Southern California and dealers don’t seem to be dealing much.

Details:
MSRP - $79,245

Selling price - $77,007.65

less rebates - $4,000

residual 59% at 10k

APR - 0.72%

$2,000 drive off - t

$899 monthly payment inc tax

If i put that into the calculator i get a much lower number. What am i missing?

Can’t tell you without seeing your calculator

This was in the lease transfer section. Might still be available.

APR seems a bit low, you sure you got the right number?

The calculator shows $700 for the government fee section which seems low as tags for the first year will probably be double that.

Have you checked with edmunds? Where did you get $4k lease cash and 59% RV? I don’t see any numbers that high recently listed over there. Also seems like 0.72% vs 1.03% is kind of random from the few posts I read over there, so you should be sure 0.72% is correct for your zip and selected trim.

APR comes from the dealer as the lease cash and RV. I confirmed APR and RV on Edmunds.

Did the dealer actually say $4k incentive? Because $1500 of that is dealer cash, which would be coming in the form of discount off sale price, not as an incentive, as far as I know. Reducing incentive in your calculator to $2500 brings you pretty much to their quote, so I suspect therein lies the difference.

Seems like an awful deal. Honestly, I’m just diving into the Expedition as I recently added to my considerations set, might be worth a trip to Michigan and ride back - my gut says they’ll play ball aggressively in that area.

Bingo - you are right. I’m working a better deal now. Will post when it wraps up.

1 Like