Ford Bronco Discussion - Soon MY2024

Also gotta make sure you have High Package or Lux Package.

But what trim nets best flip??

a Base w/ Sasquatch is probably safest. Otherwise go Badlands or Black Diamond. The major problem is hard tops and Sasquatch are what held everything up.

I am going with Wildtrak to keep as a third/fourth vehicle.

1 Like

chappy is at msrp on these

Are they? It was 3 under IV but that was when I asked Ashlie about a month or so ago. Doesn’t matter, I wouldn’t order from them again, MSRP now might not be the same when it comes in.

Ford does not do price protection at all
It’ll be the same at every dealer

Ford price protected every vehicle I got for them this year.

Broncos didn’t go up much over the past 8 months. Under $2K

GT500 and Raptors went up $4-5K since first of the year

1 Like

YMMV

Processes and regulations are changing often so I can’t say with 100% certainty since I don’t have a ford dealer book.

However, based on 4 fords this year from 4 separate dealers, I can confirm they were all price protected.

I guess a dealer could theoretically deny (or try to) a consumer of this. But I wouldnt accept it without seeing it in writing from a bulletin or something of the like. Check the Ford Forums. Lots of chatter about this.

Ordered my Mach E online but it would have been protected if price went up, along with the incentives. Many others who ordered Mach Es from dealers were price protected also from the time of their orders, but Mach E might just be a totally different thing.

Granger seems super transparent with the bronco orders, they have information on price protection in this thread

1 Like

Just heard back from Chapman on MY2023 Bronco orders and they said expect a 2 to 3 year delay.

Looks like the way to go here maybe with a smaller local dealer.

1 Like

To be fair, that’s not on Chapman, but on Ford changing the price of the builds mid year and not being very clear about what price protection is offered and to whom. My order (Nov 2020) qualifies for level 3 price protection, but it has to do with original reservation/order date, and newer orders do not qualify.

MSRP is now about $2k-2.5k higher than when I originally ordered.

Ford has been fucking everyone on this whole process with making price protection convoluted and changing the allocation formula whenever they want.

I’m honestly so sick of it at this point that I kinda lost interest in the truck and will likely end up flipping it.

1 Like

Just going to drop this here…

Directly sent to all Ford Dealers clarifying FMC’s stance on brokerage, what is brokering, and penalties for dealers that utilize brokers.

3 Likes

I placed an order with Chapman for a 2022 Bronco shortly before orders closed and they said 2-4 year wait even then. At the time, I was seriously kicking myself for waiting so long to order, but now I’m sort of glad because that wait is what made me stumble onto the 4xe deals lol

Stupid on your part to post these type of docs just to spite a broker(s).
I’m sure brokers are aware of this without your info.

That is very good info to post. It is essentially saying anyone who buys a Ford product with the intent of reselling is considered a “broker”. A “broker” in LH terms is not the same as what Ford is describing.

1 Like

He should’ve just posted the quote rather than a confidential document, I think.

Not a confidential document, stupid or not here’s a ‘copy and paste’ if that’s more your speed.

Summary

If at any time the dealer determines that the customer does not intend to use the vehicle ordered or sold for personal use or for customer’s business use (rental, commercial or government) or
that the customer has engaged in or intends to engage in the exporting or reselling of vehicles for profit, the dealer reserves the right to cancel this purchase order or not extend any type of incentive."

Blah blah blah legalese

It is agreed that the customer represents they are the end user, will register the
vehicle with their state motor vehicle department and are not purchasing this vehicle with the intent to
resell/export the vehicle. If there are any misrepresentations on behalf of the customer, the dealer has the right to seek repayment from the incentives that are paid."

Inclusion of these paragraphs should provide the dealer with the flexibility to cancel purchase orders
when it is discovered that the buyer is a customer who brokers, resells or exports vehicles. Of course,
dealers should consult an attorney with regard to their dealership’s practices and policies.

We ask that you advise your dealership personnel to proceed with caution in dealing with potential
customers who broker, resell or export vehicles. You must perform due diligence in establishing who the end user will be and where the vehicle will be used. We will continue to investigate those situations
brought to our attention where “brokering”, “reselling” or “exporting” is found, and we will take appropriate action.

I don’t think the problem is with the definition of broker, it’s with the definition of resell. Who decides where the magical time boundary will be, at which point I can move onto a new vehicle, without that being considered resale?

2 Likes