[FOR NJ] Best Tesla Deals - Lease or Purchase

, ,

any issues picking up your car im set to pick up tomorrow

How are you liking the vehicle?

@xmonger exceeds what I expected! I never considered an EV car in the past, nor do I find Teslaā€™s ā€œinterestingā€ to me from an appearance perspective. I think the Model 3 in white looks amazing, and I love the technology and acceleration. Adding that I havenā€™t driven it much (yet) as I travel for work, and often work remotely (plus it is our 3rd car for 2 drivers, thus my wife has been using it during the week)

Bottom line- if you live in NJ, you cannot beat the $404/month for 10k miles with $250 out-of-pocket for a car like this, especially in this horrible leasing market that currently exists.

4 Likes

@mikemass biggest issue was dropping my wife at the door of the Tesla dealership and parking my car (it was raining), for her to be quoted a higher monthly payment vs. what I originally told her! :slight_smile: I changed the lease terms to zero due at signing, and didnā€™t tell her, haha! Otherwise no issues for me. This is not a traditional buying experience, meaning (at least in Princeton) you get a 15 minute appointment, and there is no staffing to show you how to use the carā€¦so if you havenā€™t driven one, get onto YouTube ASAP to learn how to at least get it unlocked and in gear! Personally I rather discover my cars features myself, so this was ok for me (but not my wife). Adding that yes- if all the check boxes on the app are green, you are good to go. If not- get them corrected tonight.

2 Likes

Picking up next Friday

1 Like

Two days from the time everything was approved to the time I received a message to schedule a delivery date. Youā€™re supposed to get a text message, but I just ended up checking the app every once in a while and saw that it was ready to schedule.

Does Tesla check credit when you lease? If so how does it affect the purchase? I never heard anyone mention this before

I made an appointment to pick my car up on Monday by myself (wife offered to come with me on Saturday). I politely declined as I donā€™t need her seeing the final terms of the team :rofl:

How did you do this?

Tesla manages the $4k EV incentive down paymentā€¦it will appear after you order your Tesla, in your lease agreement (that appears in the app once a VIN is assigned)

2 Likes

Pretty sweet. I wish Michigan had similar.

I was very interested in taking advantage this lease offer but, as I understand it, it canā€™t be bought out by anyone at anytime. Other than finding someone to transfer the lease to, if itā€™s even allowed, Iā€™d be stuck with the car for 3 years whether I like it or not, right?

Lease transfers are allowed. If you hop on swapalease and compare prices against what other transfers are going for, you wont have a bit of trouble transferring it.

2 Likes

Correct, you cannot sell it during the lease, but you can currently transfer the lease to someone else.

1 Like

WOW. The offers for model 3s in NJ are insane.

Even looking here in florida where i dont get all the NJ benefits, a new lease would be easy to transfer out of compared to what moved on swapalease.

1 Like

Does anyone know what the Qtr mi/trap speed is for the 2023 M3RWD?

I only see 0-60 quoted at 5.8 sec. I canā€™t find any review or publish spec with this info.

Anyone in jersey want to do this for a fellow Leasehackr? Iā€™d be willing to make it worth your while

I believe mid/upper 13ā€™s @104-105mph.

2 Likes

To me, it feels a lot quicker than this, especially on the rolling acceleration runs. The difference between the RWD and dual motor cars seems to get smaller after the cars are already moving.

1 Like