[FOR NJ] Best Tesla Deals - Lease or Purchase

, ,

Apologies! I found one in the trunk sitting with the front license plate holder as pointed out by others.

Now I’m left with 2 adapters

3 Likes

I am ready to throw in the towel on a WRX and get a M3 for cheaper. Will the now included $50 adapter put me over the top? lol.

I’m meeting a buddy, who has a M3 Long Range, for lunch today. He bought it last year for all the money, while cars where in short supply. I am going to get his feedback. I think he likes the car but not getting hosed on pricing.

The adapter definitely tips the scale :smile:

1 Like

So essentially you are using the $4k incentive as part of down payment and owing ~$1k at signing for acquisition, etc? Therefore monthly payment is ~$374/month. Am I thinking about this correctly?

yes that is exactly how it works

All set for my pickup this coming Wednesday in Princeton.

As far as insurance, I had some quotes all over the place. I ultimately went with NJM insurance. They were very easy to deal with. Moving over from Liberty Mutual who I have been with since 2009 since my renewal policy plus adding the Tesla took the premium to crazy levels.

1 Like

Wow these NJ incentives are really pushing me to get a model 3.

Question for the community. If one doesn’t qualify for the $7500 federal tax incentive, is it better to lease or finance this car ? I am guessing Tesla is including some of those $7500 incentives in the MF calculation but just want to pick the brains of experienced buyers here. I also hear Model 3 is getting upgraded towards the end of 2023, so that might affect its re-sale down the road.

I think you just answered your question? If $7500 is included in the lease , why buy ?

It’s not. The MF may be subsidized but the selling price of the M3 is not reduced by the $7500 credit Tesla receives.

It doesnt really matter on a tesla lease how it is applied since you cant buy it out anyway.

1 Like

Yeah, I worded that poorly. They aren’t baking in the full 7500 incentive in their lease (arguably) so it matters if you are looking at lease vs. buy in terms of cost over 3 years. If you can take advantage of the 7500, in a state like NJ with the 4k EV credit and no sales tax, it’s probably better to buy if you got the money. Everyone has to do their own analysis and take a guess on what the Tesla resale market will be down the road.

The point I think people should really take away here is it doesn’t matter if they’re baking it in.

Do the cost analysis and go with the one that makes the most sense. Since you don’t have an opportunity to shortcut the process like on something like an Ioniq5, the only real consideration is expected total cost of ownership and risk aversion.

1 Like

I think we are saying the same thing in the end, do an analysis and decide.

As a reference point, if they were to take the 7,500 off the selling price and bump the MF to .0025 (6%, from 1.9%), the monthly pmt amount would drop by $100 in NJ, to approx $260m/1550 down.

Agreed. I’m more adding for the general audience rather than as a counterpoint to what you were saying.

2 Likes

OP did your car come with floor mats?
My model 3 didn’t. My other Tesla came with them

M3RWD does not come with floormats. All others do.

3 Likes

Wow this is a first

they just postponed my delivery

1 Like

Same here, my app says 20th to 29th. I ordered from “existing inventory” and was told at Tesla Cherry HIll the car was expected to arrive the 21st. Now I am being told the 24th.

Do you get the deposit back if the incentives dry up by the time the car arrives?