[FOR NJ] Best Tesla Deals - Lease or Purchase

, ,

If you’re in NJ and don’t see it on the order form, then reach out to customerrebates@tesla.com and let them know that its not showing. My brother had the same issue and it was corrected. Just make sure you don’t press “accept terms” until they fix it. You can reply to any text or email they sent you too and they’ll help you out.

1 Like

So that’s what annoyed me. No one at Tesla could tell me if the damn EV credit would be applied as an incentive to the sale. I literally had to roll the dice with $250 and pray! But as you saw, it was there on the order form. If its not there when you get the terms of the lease, then make sure to let them know BEFORE you hit accept to the terms of the deal.

I’m in NJ too. Just so I understand, if I qualify for the 7500 federal rebate, I’ll get that too next year? This is a no-brainer, even though I wish the AWD was a tad cheaper, as we live on a hilly area, and snow and ice are a problem around here, and I’m not a big fan of RWD because of that. Florida? Sure. NNJ, not so much.

$7500 only applies if you finance or buy it outright, didn’t work for me because household makes too much. You’ll get the $4000 NJ EV point of sale incentive regardless of finance or lease though. Agree with you on the RWD sucking. But right now I can’t get an Elantra for under $500 with 3k down if I wanted to! :laughing:

3 Likes

Stopped in today at the Paramus store on Rt 17

They have plenty in stock fyi . For NJ’eans, $360 a month with about $1200 DAS 36/10k

Wanted to test drive it but it was hectic in there today since it was a Saturday. The sales guy was nice and said try to come another day during the week to test drive.

5 Likes

I scheduled an appointment for next Saturday there. Let’s see what they say.

2 Likes

Fellow NJ hackrs. Don’t fall for the 349 a month trap. Whilst it is nice, you are leaving the 7.5k on the table (or in Tesla’s pockets). If they passed the 7.5k and 4k as CCR, this is a $200 a month lease easy.

Say no to Tesla shenanigans of pocketing most of the 7.5k. It is your money.

4 Likes

So just buy the car instead.:heavy_check_mark:

7 Likes

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 Like

I can haz lease and 7.5k pass through too, no? See Mercedes, VW and Audi.

I’m pretty sure you are trolling, but of course you already know that the leasing company owns the car (whether it be Tesla or any other bank), and the EV incentive is theirs to do with as they wish.

4 Likes

Which is why I am asking people to boycott leases until they do. If people keep giving them 7.5 k Tesla and/or US Bank will carry on pocketing it.

Best of luck with your pursuit :slight_smile:

I would love for every manufacturer to pass it 100%, along with 0% interest rates and plenty of other rebates too.

In seriousness, Tesla is partially passing this on via a subvented MF and increased RV. They are already selling more cars than they can keep up with so until a competitor does something to require it, they would be foolish to lower prices further, although it would be awesome if they do. I would love to see a 199 a month model 3 lease✔️

10 Likes

I can see you get another one for the LOLS

At $400/mo effective, this is such a good deal. Complain all you want about rebates or whatever but at the end of day all that matters is the bottom line cost to own. And there is nothing comparable that can come close. I had a model 3 and it’s not my favorite car and I’m not planning to get another Tesla, but if I lived in NJ, this price would likely be too good to ignore.

4 Likes

Tesla is passing some of the 7500 in the form of improved residuals / money factor for the base m3.

Other manufacturers are reducing cap cost, which is better if the bank allows buyouts, since you can then get around the income and battery sourcing requirements for the fed rebate (as well as get it quicker).

3 Likes

It would kind of be like dollar cost averaging wouldn’t it?

3 Likes

Serious question. We got a 2022 Tucson last year (financed at $560/month for 5 years), and my wife wouldn’t mind downsizing to a Tesla. I haven’t checked to see if I have any positive equity in the Tucson, but would it make sense to finance this Tesla instead, to grab both the 7500 (which we qualify for) and 4000?

No one can answer that question for you. A few questions to think about:

1. What are your driving needs?
  2. Do you own or rent?
  3. Would you be able to charge at home?
  4. How long do your normally keep your cars?

You are going to have to run the numbers to see if it makes financial sense

1 Like

Yes it’s a no brainer if your tucson has positive equity.

1 Like