[FOR NJ] Best Tesla Deals - Lease or Purchase

, ,

Just be careful with that Chargepoint 4k incentive that we’re getting, I believe I saw somewhere in the terms that they can come after you for it if you no longer own the car.

How long from ordering to being able to schedule your delivery date?

Currently have a 23-1st window waiting to be able to schedule

Yeah, usually that quick of 0-60 means sub 14s , but people on Facebook are saying mid 15s for the rwd, meaning a huge dropoff in power delivery at higher speeds.

I only tested it on local roads and it felt really strong. I didn’t get a chance to take it on the highway, but would hate to find out it is gimped at higher speeds.

Noooo way. Ive stomped on it enough to know that it is not a mid 15 car. From a roll it feels quite comparable to my wifes previous car (2020 M235). There are also some tests on your tube (the carwow one comes to mind) where the RWD, DM and P cars are lined up side by side). From a dig…DM and P all the way. After that, the gap is smaller.

1 Like

Also…the launch from a dig feels somewhat ICE-like…one can feel the power rolling in far more so than expected from an EV. So, Tesla has either tuned it this way on purpose, or its just what the motor can do with the gearing in place. In short, the roll on power feels stronger than the from a launch power.

1 Like

This article has it at 15.2. However, it makes no sense given the times for the LR and Performance editions and the relative HP differences, unless software gimps it up high.

"The Model 3 is available in three trim levels—Rear Wheel Drive , Long Distance , and Performance . Each has its own distinctive powertrain and battery setup, and those specs affect the vehicle’s performance.

The Model 3 Rear Wheel Drive features one rear-mounted electric motor and a lithium-ion battery with a 272-mile range . That model is capable of reaching the quarter-mile mark from a standstill in 15.2 seconds . Pretty average, but it gets better.

The Model 3 Long Range trim comes outfitted with dual electric motors , and a larger battery pack capable of traveling 358 miles on a single charge. The dual motor setup of the Model 3 Long Range is designed with a motor on each axle, providing all-wheel-drive performance. This upgrade allows the Long Range to reach a quarter mile in a surprising 12.2 seconds —three seconds faster than the entry-level Rear Wheel Drive…

How much horsepower does the Tesla Model 3 have?

The single motor in the Model 3 Rear Wheel Drive generates 258 horsepower and 317 pound-feet of torque . The extra motor found on the mid-level Model 3 Long Range adds 88 ponies for 346 horsepower and 389 pound-feet of torque . And of course, the Performance model tops them all with 450 horses under the hood and 471 pound-feet of torque ."

1 Like

i just received an email from tesla stating they needed my license and for me to agree to the terms and conditions of the rebate just be on the lookout for that email.

Is there NJ sales tax on the lease payment?

No tax for EV in Jersey

3 Likes

Did you zero out the down payment in the lease calculator or leave it $4500 then used the $4000 credit to effectively pay $500 down?

How much exactly was due at signing?

Please clarify if you don’t mind. Thank you!

Does that mean you initially left the lease calculator at $4500 default? Or did you enter $0 and proceeded to pay $695 + $478 (acquisition fee + first month) and $905 (wall connector + mobile connector + order fee)?

@Coach_P when I ordered the car on the app, I was unable to adjust the terms of the lease, so (if I remember correctly) it defaulted to like a $4,500.00 down payment calculation. Once I placed the order, them the terms showed the -$4k NJ EV incentive… lastly, once a VIN # was assigned, I was able to adjust the lease terms.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I looked under my hood, and all I found was a big empty space.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for clearing that up! I appreciate it.

If you are referring to the NJ Clean Energy rebate then yes, in the terms and conditions you are required to keep the car for 36 months and if get rid of it other than it being unusable then you are liable to pay the money back from what I understand.

Page 15 - F. Vehicle Ownership Provision

You are welcome! And yes was nervous to pull the trigger, being that the terms weren’t how I wanted them in the end, nor was there any visibility to the NJ EV rebate. You will be fine… good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you!

One final question, the vehicle you leased, was it an in stock unit or an order? Because like you mentioned the rebate did not show when I chose an in stock unit, but it did show in the savings section when I went through the order option.

I ordered the Tesla via the app vs. selecting one that was in stock. That said- I got a notification like 2-3 days later with a VIN #, thus obviously it was in stock somewhere in NJ (I see a ton of them sitting at the Quakerbridge Mall Mercer County parking lot). My intent was to have a delay in taking delivery, as I was in no hurry to get the car… clearly that didn’t happen.

1 Like

Gotcha! Well, that’s what I’ll do then. Hahaha

Is there any indication Model 3 prices may go back up?

Got me! We needed a 3rd car come May, however for $250.00 out of pocket+ $404/month for a Tesla, I pulled the trigger now.

1 Like