[FOR NJ] Best Tesla Deals - Lease or Purchase

, ,

Yeah, I worded that poorly. They aren’t baking in the full 7500 incentive in their lease (arguably) so it matters if you are looking at lease vs. buy in terms of cost over 3 years. If you can take advantage of the 7500, in a state like NJ with the 4k EV credit and no sales tax, it’s probably better to buy if you got the money. Everyone has to do their own analysis and take a guess on what the Tesla resale market will be down the road.

The point I think people should really take away here is it doesn’t matter if they’re baking it in.

Do the cost analysis and go with the one that makes the most sense. Since you don’t have an opportunity to shortcut the process like on something like an Ioniq5, the only real consideration is expected total cost of ownership and risk aversion.

1 Like

I think we are saying the same thing in the end, do an analysis and decide.

As a reference point, if they were to take the 7,500 off the selling price and bump the MF to .0025 (6%, from 1.9%), the monthly pmt amount would drop by $100 in NJ, to approx $260m/1550 down.

Agreed. I’m more adding for the general audience rather than as a counterpoint to what you were saying.

2 Likes

OP did your car come with floor mats?
My model 3 didn’t. My other Tesla came with them

M3RWD does not come with floormats. All others do.

3 Likes

Wow this is a first

they just postponed my delivery

1 Like

Same here, my app says 20th to 29th. I ordered from “existing inventory” and was told at Tesla Cherry HIll the car was expected to arrive the 21st. Now I am being told the 24th.

Do you get the deposit back if the incentives dry up by the time the car arrives?

The $250? That’s specifically a fee and not a deposit.

No $250 is non refundable

They call it a fee but it looks like it gets applied like a money down cap cost reduction in the paperwork that has been posted here.

No, the paperwork just shows that a fee that was due has been paid.

It’s not a deposit or CCR in any shape or form.

The calculator lined up with it being treated as a cap cost reduction in the lease.

I’ll look at it again. I may have fudged it up.

You signed this lease in NJ?

Nope! Found it weird myself, but went on Amazon and had a good all weather set within a couple of days.

send the link

i ordered the Tesmanian ones

1 Like

i would recommend these

1 Like

Time table on time it takes to schedule delivery?

Ordered base M3 White - went with the standard options all around. Ordered on 3/12 and have EDD 3/23-3/31

Looking to sell my current car so ideally would like to time the sale of my current car and pickup accurately.