[FOR MOST STATES] 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD - 36mo 10k mi $5600 DAS $399mo

Yeah, I was also concerned about the range loss. However, there was a test done and it was not that bad. The major loss is at higher speeds. At 90mph, you will get the highest difference in range. Like around ~5-8%. Under 70, and especially closer to city driving, it’s really negligible. The covers are for aerodynamics. The slower you go, the less aero matters.

I went with the same covers but got them off amazon for half the price as OEM. Which is the same one. Tesla does not make those.

1 Like

You should look it up. Tesla is definitely passing on the $7500 to the customer as a reduction in cost, but only on a lease. If it was a purchase, the buyer will do it at tax time.

Look it up

Can you produce an example of a tesla lease contract that lists a $7500 incentive as a cap cost reduction?

3 Likes

Lol easy now, bless his soul, doesn’t know what cap cost is.

Yes, I went OEM because I wanted the factory mats so I just ordered these at the same time :slight_smile: I also had a preference for the gray Tesla logo on the center cap (and I wasn’t able to find that outside of OEM at the time).

i can't goodbye GIF

Unless we have a Tesla insider here, we will never know what their thought process was. They definitely changed the lease program around the time of some of these federal EV announcements, but I think it’s impossible for us to try and reverse engineer how much of that 7500 the customer gets to recapture via changes in MSRP and RV/MF manipulations. It would be fun to speculate though.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: [FOR NJ] 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD - 36mo 10k mi $1600 DAS $356mo

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Tesla Landfill. Shame. Shame. Shame

I’m trying to decide on lease v finance on a $43,900 Model 3 RWD in CA.

Leasing at 15k/36 is $550 per month (+ tax)
Financing is $1375 per month(+tax) if I financed over 36 months (using 36 here for easier comparison)

So financing is an extra ~$900 a month incl. tax, i.e. an additional total of $32,400 over the full period. BUT I get the $7,500 tax credit if I finance it now vs leasing, so really only an extra $24,900.

So assuming I financed and drove 45k miles in 3 years and then sold it, am I right in thinking that as long as the car is worth more than $25k at that point, financing will have been a better deal?

I know this is overly simplistic and there are many things that could happen to affect the value of the car but just want to check if my high level thinking is right.

I think so.

I debated this when I leased mine and finally did not have the appetite for potential changes in the value of the car after 3 or 4 years being the deciding factor so went with lease. Also, not comfortable driving an EV past warranty so would not keep it for long, so lease it was for me.

3 Likes

Personally in this market I would lease (again personal preference). Especially if you do plan on putting 15k miles a year on the vehicle. Keeping monthly expenses low is more strategic in this market especially in your scenario financing is roughly 1.5x the expense.
(When rates were low , financing was about 25% more than lease so it made more sense to finance.)

1 Like

also to clarify, you’re on a 36 month finance . For 72 months you’re increasing 50% of the monthlies vs lease. Even in that scenario I feel leasing would be a better option simply because of the current market and it’s outlook.

1 Like

I expect fairly significant price drops on new M3s 36 months from now. Additionally, the tech and efficiency will likely be vastly improved. I’m not so sure the residual is going to be as strong as it’s been. Besides, you have a good chance of putting that $900/month into a good mix of index funds and coming out ahead.

2 Likes

Would you think differently if the person was paying cash outright and no finance fees or maybe you would think about value of the money these days can be locked into a CD rates 5% (merely to show the value of the money) =$6K 3 yrs guaranteed.

1 Like

Depends on market volatility. My local credit Union pays 7% for 12 month CD. With opportunities like that- it does make a difference when budgeting the next one or 2 years.

1 Like

Which one? Hopefully they are everywhere in so cal
Going to do a 5% on Wednesday 7% sounds better tho

1 Like

Taking delivery of a new RWD 3 this week, so all of my down payment and financing has been processed. They told me I’ll get the new -$1,000 price adjustment (refund) but not for up to 60 days. Is that standard or should they refund the “over-payment” before delivery?

Expired last night but here was the original post

1 Like

I did see that one on SD
Unfortunately I did not qualify