Florida Ally Lease - BEWARE!

Yes, but the dealer was brokering all parts of the deal including the purchase loan. They certainly made it sound as though they had done this many times, maybe just not with Ally. I’m not running into issues with the actual purchase, that went fine. It has all gone through the dealer and Ally shows the payment posted from them but I’ve been bouncing back and forth brokering the communications between them to get this wrapped up - missing pieces and communication. For example, today the dealer told me everything was done, but Ally still showed my lease open with add’l payments even though they received payment. When I called Ally they said they were waiting on an odometer statement that the dealer apparently didn’t know they needed to provide.

Yes, Ally is the devil.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far. Just banks doing bank things. He can buy the car out, then sell it, as per the contract he signed. Not ally’s fault Florida has a crappy law about purchasing. Ally took the risk with their crazy residuals a few years ago. They reap the reward. I’m in no way pro bankster but if it lost thousands of value no one has an issue throwing over the keys.

Ally saves my buyers 50-100/mo over Toyota bank on lots of deals. The devil can be very generous when payment shopping.

3 Likes

Yes, the devil does prey on the weak.

5 Likes

The last rate I got from them was 6.69%, coincidentally. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Close, I gues 6.66 would have been more appropriate

6 Likes

Text your vin and mileage. I can get you a buyout

Jim
215-359-6836

Thanks Jim, I’ll keep your number but I’m committed to this transaction at this point, I’ve taken a loan through this dealer. I will get in touch if this falls through

I also have an Ally lease (2 actually) but I’m in TX and i have about 15 months on my lease, so I figured all my equity might be gone by then due to car values possibly tanking lol :frowning:

So for now, no need to do or worry much I guess

I considered buying them now but from my quick look at the contract, it doesn’t appear something easy to do if the 36 months aren’t up.

(Toyota vehicles, 2021 highlander and sienna)

Yes , the key here is Florida, it adds a new level of dealer forced buyout

I’m in the middle of completing a buyout with Ally in TX. My Jeep lease ended, and requested the buyout quote from Ally, and I just have to pay the residual, which I just did, and Ally sent me the bill of sale and odometer disclosure, and will send the tittle later on. So pretty straight forward in TX. What’s happening in FL seem really twisted.

1 Like

Nice, good to know. By any chance did you try to end it early or just patiently waiting. I have significant equity on both of my leases, so i sometimes wonders if it’s worth it to lock that in.

I loathe Ally. A few years back I had a lease that I bought out. I received the payoff amount, went through the dealer to get financing and THEY were supposed to pay off Ally. Well, they were late. Ally screwed ME for the late payment. I said, once I paid it off, it was the dealer’s fault. Ally wanted no part of it. Of course the dealer ghosted me. Instead of paying it off and fighting with the dealer, I got stubborn and Ally sent it to collections, for like $129. It ended up screwing me in the long run since it dinked my credit report.

@sevillada I started thinking about my options a few months back, but decided on buying the car at the end of the lease. What’s the hurry on getting out of the lease early considering prices on newer cars are skyrocketing, and inventories are low. Besides, I’m wondering if residuals on new cars would be higher than market values in 3 years. Bigger chance on being upside down, but who knows, its a very different situation we are living in. For now, my car has only 22,000 miles, when it was supposed to have 36k, and it would be paid off. I just got the title from Ally this morning via Fedex. I then went to the tax office, and changed the title and paid the sales taxes on the residual (6.25% in Texas).

1 Like

My main reason to buy it now would be to lock in the equity. E.g. in case of a total loss, i would get nothing, as opposed to possibly 5k+ from the equity.

Generally, it is your responsibility to your current bank to keep paying until paid off. You had a contract with Ally, not the dealership. I know it’s not what you want to heat, but that’s how it is.

E.g. the same goes if you are in an accident regardless of fault. You must continue to pay your loan/lease until it’s completely paid off.

Reviving this thread because I’m going to try to get out of 3 year Toyota Highlander Lease after 24mo. I also live in Florida and the lease was done with Ally through Stadium Toyota.

Anybody have any advice?

1 Like

Buy it, and sell it. There is no other way than riding out to the end of the lease (or just paying the payments now and walking away).

Ally is not nice to people who try to get out early.

I believe that’s the problem in FL. I’d be happy to buy out the lease myself and then sell it.

You need a dealer to do the paperwork. I’d ask the original dealer if they will help and at what cost.