First Timer Needs Help

Hello All. So excited to find this resource and much better than Reddit forums. So I have never ever leased a car. I have never bought a new car either, always used. So I have my eye on a 2020 Kia Forte LXS. I hadnt thought about Leasing at all until my neighbor brought it up and thus me going down the rabbit hole. I also have never stepped on a lot without negotiating a price first. So I have what I consider a great deal so far but I havent told the dealership I am interested in a Lease.

2020 Kia Forte LXS
MSRP - $20,445
Sales Price - $16,057 with rebates

So what do I need to do now? How do I switch to a lease deal?

First thing you need to is make sure the rebates you’re getting even applies to a lease. Secondly, do your research to find out what a good discount is pre-incentive, then ask Edmunds for the residual and MF for the term/mileage for this specific car.

2 Likes

I think you need to read all the explanatory articles such as Leasing 101, how to calculate payments, etc.

And then search the forum for several threads related to “how to negotiate”.

3 Likes

Welcome and glad to help, but every time that place is mentioned by name here, dozens of fresh kooks and Narwahls show up.

Beatlejuice rules: please don’t say it again.

1 Like

You were right I did lose some of the rebates. Edmonds has the RF at 55 and MF at .00188

MSRP was $20445 and news Sale Prices is $16645. Thanks

Pre-incentive discount shouldn’t change. Run the lease numbers given the current lease programs and incentives applied and that should give you a good idea of what the price will be. That means backing out the purchase incentives and then applying the proper lease incentives.