First Time Leasing, Need a car ASAP

I have been looking into the Honda Civic Hatchback as my first lease because my car that I had a loan for recently got totaled, I notice they do have an offer right now with Honda where if you put $2,000 down, you can get the monthly payment at 199.00/mo, but when I use their calculator and remove the down payment because I do not have the money for this, it leaves the offer and makes the monthly pay $257.00/mo, when I remove the offer, it causes the payment to go up to the amount of $380.00/mo

Attached images showing what I am looking at

Is this correct? Would I be able to do $0.00 down and get this lease for $257.00/mo? Also in Nebraska

Thanks for your help

$0 down payment is not the same as $0 drive away. There are likely to be other fees, taxes, registration etc. You should look in the fine print of that offer, they usually list all that.

Keep in mind that the manufacturer lease specials are rarely a good deal

I recommend you just reach to a local broker to get the best deal, since you’re in a hurry and are cost conscious.

I have no idea how competitive Nebraska market is but you should be able to get a honda civic for around 200$ a month with fees and taxes due at signing in a competitive market.

Yeah im not sure how the deals are in Nebraska but our dealer in Virginia is offering a Civic lease at $209 with Zero Down “ZIP” including all fees and taxes. With 36 month/12k miles. This is just their advertisement and VA levies the taxes on top of everything at once (scammers).

Also, not knowing what their terms are years/miles its hard to tell if that fits your lifestyle.

Keep in mind you have to have credit established to lease, at least from my experiences.

I doubt that’s true. Can you show us the ad?

1 Like

Well its true, ask and you shall receive.

1 Like

That’s one of the better deals I’ve seen on Honda’s, especially if it includes VA taxes too.

Yeah, looks too good to be true. Could be through a 3rd party leasing company. Call them up and try to get your dealer to match.

Yeah and Priority’s big from here to DC so its pretty reputable. Ive bought a few cars from there. And they include Oil and Filter changes for life and engine (mainly just to get you in but hey saves on that).

Email the Honda dealerships in your area and ask them what is the total monthly on a Civic LX with zero down and zero at signing. Include your zip so they can calculate the monthly after taxes. Then who ever has the lowest monthly wins. If you are going to lease 12/36 then for every 1K down delete 27 bucks from your monthly. But if you can afford the monthly without putting down then save the money in your savings account for emergencies or apply toward the monthly payments when you need.
Also ask if they do Multiple Security Deposits (MSDs) so that you can use the $2k as the deposit. If they do, then the MSDs will lower your monthly and at end of lease you get it all of it back.

I would also ask if they offer a 24 month lease and it that lowers the monthly. My friend recently got a Tacoma Off Road and I told him about MSDs and 24 month lease. They offered it and his payment is $244. He is glad he did 24mo because the Tacoma is undergoing a major face lift and by the time his lease is up he will be able to get the new body style (a year later and after the first year hoopla).

seems good. Of course, the ad lists one specific stock number, which isn’t in stock anymore, I’m sure.