First time leasee...can't get Tier 1 credit?

790 is still considered tier 1 in most cases.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]

I find that the dealers credit scoring is usually higher than what you see on Credit karma or credit sesame…

Mine is currently 780ish on credit karma due to buying a new home last fall (usually it sits in the 800’s). 5 new credit inquiries in the last 9 months (home mortgage, 2 new bmw leases and t mobile did a hard pull when I switched over from att).

When bmw pulled my credit on the last lease, I asked the finance mgr what my score was and he said it was “801” so go figure.

Again, Credit Karma and Credit Sesame are garbage and don’t portray an accurate picture of credit scores.

1 Like

Don’t write this off like it’s some sort of mystery of the universe. Seek to understand.

Auto-enhanced FICO scores commonly used in automotive finance have a scale that tops at 900,

whereas the scores that Kredit Karma gives away to consumers only go to 850.

Regardless, the Kredit Karma scores might as well be from a random number generator, because virtually no company that extends credit uses them for decisioning.

If I gave you a credit score of 11003, what value would that have?

My Credit Karma is about 50 points different than my FICO Auto 8. If you really want to know your credit, pay the $20 (one burearu) or $60 (all 3).

Credit Karma never promised that the score on their site would be an exact match to your credit report, but for most people it’s a good enough ballpark number that will give them a better understanding of where they stand in terms of credit and where they can improve. It’s not going to tell you that you have amazing credit when you have trash credit, and vice versa.

Your Trism Score 1.0 is 733.

Close enough.

I got Tier 1 for my first car, a Benz :man_shrugging: