First time hacker - EQS deal check

Hi all,

thanks for everyone posting EQS deals, this would be my first lease, please lmk if I’m overpaying for this, thanks in advance. 7500 + 3500 (no conquest), dealer quoted me with these numbers. it’s a 24/75 lease.

113k 2023 eqs suv
800 + tax monthly
3k down
10MSD

Yes.

But also, we need more details to help you. What’s the discount off msrp, what rebates do you qualify for, what money factor is this quote based on?

Also is this a 24/10k

Hi thanks, the dealer just gave me these, I tried to play around the leasehackr calculator, but I’m thinking maybe around 8-9% mspr given the number, but i’m not sure.

it’s a 24/75 lease.

You are gonna need a bigger discount, 12% minimum but it’s a good starting point.

thank you so much.

You’re swinging for a home run here while still learning to field a pitch.

These amazing EQS deals bring a lot of attention and look great, but they’re not easily attainable. It’s really worth taking some time to understand the leasing basics and work out not only what your target deal not only should be, but why it should be.

1 Like

I know everyone says all of this information is on leasehackr…I have read it all and put my own deal together that I modeled in excel as well as doing computations by hand, but am still unsure what I am missing? It’s not as simple as cap cost, mf, residual, incentives, etc? The goal is to just stick to selling price pre-incentive negotiations?

There are a couple things at play here that one needs to keep in mind. We’re talking about asking for VERY aggressive discounts on an expensive product from a dealer set that isn’t used to this sort of business model. Further, those discounts appear to only be possible based on some trunk money available to certain dealers based on allocation volume, so the dealers that these deals are even potentially plausible with are few and far between. Going to most of these dealers that are used to a $110k vehicle having a lease payment that starts with a “2” and trying to get them to even understand conceptually that a payment 30% of that makes sense for them is going to be a particularly hard sell. I wouldn’t dare try to have that conversation personally without have a quiver full of info about retail mmr of vehicles, floorplan costs, time certain vehicles have been on the lot, the trunk money terms, etc. This is the type of deal one should probably be overly prepared for.

2 Likes

Without knowing OP’s tax and registration, this looks closer to a 12% discount before incentives than 7-8% using the base MF.

I really appreciate this. VERY insightful. Regarding retail mmr, floorplan costs, time certain vehicles have been on lot, trunk money terms, etc. Where could one find this?

In the case of the EQS, there is good info regarding these topics that have popped up in the EQS master thread. Much of it will need to be sorted out of discussion rather than all being posted in one place.

For time on lot, I find cargurus.com to be a good resource. May not always be accurate, but is usually pretty close.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.