First post. Lease ending in Aug

Hi, All.
First post here. new to the forum. Currently, I have a leased 2018 BMW 340i, lease expires in Aug. Current payment is $496 monthly. I had about $3500 out of pocket when I signed the car. The lease expiring soon, I stop by the broker and they quoted me $600 for BMW 330i with $47000 MSRP, that’s way out of my budget. They give me $400 monthly for Kia K5 $27K MSRP…

I am looking for my next lease at about $300-$350 monthly payment. not need to be a luxury vehicle, trying to save money. could I get the wrangler hard top at this price range? Kia K5, Mazda 6 etc, preferred mid-size sedan, but SUV crossover are fine too. Down payment, I can do 2k-3K. Currently in NY.

I don’t know if it’ll help, but I’m in California and about to sign a lease for a 2022 Kia K5 GT Line $27k MSRP at about $500 under MSRP. Only putting down first month plus fees $1380 out the door and they payment is $350.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.
Yes, I was looking at the K5 GT line 27K MSRP. but the $400 monthly payment is high for $27K car.

Yeah, $400 is a bit high.
The problem in my area is no dealers are willing to make deals. So, finding one that will give a discount off MSRP is the hard part. Everywhere has a huge markup and people are paying it so the dealers are pushing it.

Check out broker deals in the “Marketplace” for cars that fit your budget.

2 Likes

understand. The market now is so overpriced due to the shortage. I might just buy a used lincoln towncar for now lol

Great, Thanks !

How’s K5 driving?

I don’t have it yet, but I did test drive it.
It’s real smooth. Handles real well, sport mode has some good power. I liked it.

1 Like

Most cars do not lease well. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

1 Like

I am picking up my 2021 Kia K5 GT-Line today :slight_smile: Check out @legendsauto especially if you are in southern California. They were able to get what I consider to be a great deal for me in these times. Working with Brokers is so much easier than dealers, I’ve been working with both and the brokers always win!

1 Like

Check marketplace for relatively loaded Hyundai Sonata SEL. $29k sticker With NY taxes it is like $350/m. Just first payment DAS.

1 Like

Did You check if You have positive equity on it?

yea, Pay off quote is 39K. Carvana offered me 31K

What about carmax vroom AlGo lenders givemethevin?

I have checked all, they all below the payoff quote

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.