First Post: Did I get a good deal?

Hi all,

First off…WOW. This community has to be the coolest thing I’ve found recently. I’m salty I didn’t know about this earlier (especially when I leased my car). All this information is just incredible.

Some background: After living in NYC for about 6 years, I moved back home to Miami in 2018 and was in desperate need of a car. My only requirements were: No hubcaps, bluetooth audio, and the lowest monthly out of pocket through the entirety of the lease. I visited multiple dealers and settled with a 2018 Nissan Sentra SV. The lease is up in March 2021 and I’ve already started receiving marketing emails to sign on again. I am hoping to get some feedback on my previous lease in order to go in better armed this second time around.

Here’s the link to the Leasehackr Calculator:

Some questions:

1. When calculating MSRP, do you include destination charges and options included by manufacturer (photo included of window sticker below)?
  2. I had trouble finding the Money Factor on the lease documents. The only thing I could find was something called Rent Charge priced at $30.79. This is the last thing I adjusted on the calculator in order to get the Monthly Payment With Tax lined up to what I pay.
  3. And lastly, did I get a good deal? Would love some feedback on why I did or didn’t and any suggestions on areas of improvement for this next time around.

I thought it would be cool to also include a few pictures of the actual lease documents plus the window sticker in reference to question above.

Thanks in advance!

Window Sticker:

Lease Page 1:

Lease Page 2:

MSRP includes everything on the window sticker, so $20235 in your case.

MF = (rent charge/number of months)/(adjusted cap cost + residual value)

In your case, it’s basically non existent.

Did you get a good deal? No

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying!

I wanna say you could have gotten into an Altima for the same or even less. I’d have to run the numbers but the discount here is spectacularly low.

1 Like

Awesome thanks @Electric! Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Follow the community for the next 3 years and you will learn a lot😀

Start with basics. There are a lot of articles published overtime as part of this community to consolidate the knowledge.

It may be overwhelming at start but you have 3 years to prepare. Time will fly by.

And btw - enjoy the ride and don’t beat yourself up too much. We’ve all be there at the start.

Thanks @Lvs23! Appreciate the words of encouragement and I’ve definitely enjoyed the lease. I’ve had the car for 2.5 years now and I’m gearing up to turn the car in. I’ve been thinking of maybe just getting a broker. I keep reading good things about them and it seems hassle free. Going to see if I find one that works with Nissan here in Florida.

Have you considered not getting a nissan? There are much better values for your dollar available.

3 Likes

Yeah pay the disposition fee and get off that hamster wheel ASAP

1 Like

@mllcb42 @max_g Yeah that’s always an option. Was thinking it might be worth staying with Nissan because of any loyalty offers. Definitely not tied to any brand.

When you say better values, do you mean I could lease a car with less total cost overall in the life of the lease? Or do you mean I can get a better car for that same amount of money. My whole goal with leasing has been to spend the least amount of money as possible while having a semi-decent car (i.e. pretty basic Nissan Sentra).

Either one