First offer on a 4 series convertible any good?

Requested a lease quote on a 2019 BMW 4 series convertible. Wanted to get input on the offer from the experts. I know you guys prefer all the details, but that isn’t in what they sent me. Just broad strokes, which hopefully is enough to at least comment on.

MSRP $63k
Sell price $56k (including ~$1000 in “non-tax fees” they seem to be rolling in)
7 MSDs, no money down, first month + MSDs DAS
Monthly $730 including tax

I usually try to stick to the 1% rule, and based on that this is high. I know convertibles are a bit harder to get a good lease on, but according to Edmunds this one has .57 residual and $4k in lease cash, so I expected it to come in better. Am I being unrealistic thinking low $600 range is doable with this as their first offer, which they assure me is “very aggressive”?

That looks pretty ugly. And honestly any deal without loyalty isn’t going to be anything to write home about either.

Do you have a lease sheet?

Need more detail to be sure, but BMW’s August incentives are extremely weak compared to last month, which is going to make the deals nowhere near as good.

11% net is nothing to write home about. I’m guessing there is more room, but hard to know.

No lease sheet. That’s all they sent me. Glad I’m not wrong that it’s ugly. Hard to know with a convertible since they are known to lease badly. No loyalty for me since I’m with Infiniti now, and I’m guessing no conquest. All Edmunds gave for incentives was the $4k lease cash.

My Infiniti lease isn’t up till end of November, so I can bide my time a bit if incentives in the coming months might be better. I was really only putting out feelers this early since if I wait too late there won’t be any 2019 convertibles left and they seem to be pretty stingy about discounts on the 2020s. If they had come back at me with a great deal I would have taken it and just eaten the last 3 payments on the Infiniti. $730 certainly isn’t blowing my skirt up, but to get me where I wanted to be they would need to come off about $3k more. Not sure that’s doable in my market. This isn’t SoCal. :slightly_frowning_face:

All 4’s barring M4CS and M4 lease about the same due to high incentives offered.