šŸ”„ šŸ”„ 2017 Chevy Bolt $270/mo, or Net $121 after incentives and 1-pay - Nor Cal šŸ”„ šŸ”„

Hi Phil! What exactly can you get for under 9k on Monday/Tuesday? Is this for a Bolt 1-pay?

Thanks,
Marc

the best deals on bolt have passed.

3 Likes

No problem, but what you seem to be misunderstanding is dealer discount is different then rebates and MF which are controlled by Chevrolet. So with more discount from the dealer and coupon cash on top of it, it is still more expensive then it used to be.

The main reason I donā€™t like one pay leases is it changes often and people count on me to give the lowest price consistently. Iā€™m sure at the dealership where you got your car someone paid more then you, and someone probably paid less.

Sales managers make case by case decisions on Rate and discount. I donā€™t like that. If they give someone a lower price the next day and my customer finds out, they will give me a bad survey and I wonā€™t get paid my bonus. A dealer decided to do it one pay for you at that price, but other customers couldnā€™t get it, itā€™s very up and down.

I offer a large dealer discount and lowest mf possible when I do my price quotes, and managers have to stick to it for our reputation. So When a time comes up where managers need to move certain units I can lock them into a one pay price and guarantee its the lowest around. As far as the risks associated with a one pay, itā€™s your money not mine, iā€™m not against it in general.

I have More coupon Cash coming tomorrow.

Iā€™ll be available 9am-9pm. 5 available appointment times Monday. Maybe some left Tuesday morning as well.

Phil Gileno
415-596-5252 (email unless you need immediate response)
San Jose
PhilGileno@gmail.com

while most of what u said i do not necessarily disagree with u seem to be skirting/dancing around the main issue which to summarize very simply was:

i wanted a car.
i saw a 1-pay price i liked.
u claimed to be able to match.
yet when i came to u to buy from you, u couldnt match.
your response was check back in a month or 2.

after many texts, never once did u say, i cannot match that dealā€¦which is now what u are claiming.

so i bought a car from some one else.
i posted my 1-dealā€¦which was slightly better than the original 1 pay dealā€¦which u now claim no dealers were offeringā€¦
and all this happened in a matter of few days.

then u come here and post that u had better discounts than i gotā€¦
.when? in a month or 2ā€¦(by the wayā€¦we all know what happened in a month or 2ā€¦dont we?)

granted , u needed to check with ur bosses .but perhaps then it is not a good idea to make such promisesā€¦then not follow throughā€¦and then to top it off , insult the members of this forum?

finally, i have made this post after conducting sufficient research.

6 Likes

Hi desi_babu_2010,

Very true.

The dealers are here to make money sometimes creating artificial demand and hype. Users should make informed decisions and not take anything posted in the forums by vested interests for granted.

I understand your frustration and had a similar experience with ChevyPhil. When I asked for 1 Pay, ChevyPhil said he was busy and cannot respond if I donā€™t come in person. I drove 50 miles for this and I was told I should not have come in if I did not like the numbers he sent me. He even went on to say that I wasted his Associateā€™s time.
Hats off to you for posting your experience. This is the leasehackr forum and anyone elseā€™s personal. If ChevyPhil cannot match Chevysalesgirl numbers (So Cal) how can he claim he has the lowest price in the market. We alreadyknow what his response would be.

I personally think the Net 0 downpayment is a scam misleading users. 1-pay structure clears says what price you are getting the car for. No gimmicks or market tactics. The dealer easily gets exposed with One Pay. I think you did well and now its time to move on.

For other users, do your research. Take comments by the dealer/broker with a pinch of salt. They ultimately have a motive. There might be other dealers/brokers offering a lower price but not in the forum.

Just my 2 cents.

8 Likes

I pity the fools who pay more than 10k to lease a BOLT (before State/utility rebates). We know GM was doing 1 pay lease for 7,5k to 10k depending on trim, so wait a while and it will happen again.

1 Like

Thank you for your comment. I canā€™t agree with you more on this issue. Just because they are titled ā€˜trusted/respectedā€™ dealers here, it does not mean they have the best pricing.

The bottom line is that they are here to make money (the more the better). And for us, the buyers, we are here to get the best deals (the cheaper the better).

We are not on the same side. We have different motives.

I have mentioned this before but yetā€¦ the net zero drive off thing is a totally misleading sales tactic.

Just to clarify, they are ā€œRegistered,ā€ not ā€œtrusted/respected.ā€ Iā€™ve seen some ā€œRegisteredā€ that havenā€™t contributed or even posted anything on this forum, so itā€™s the buyerā€™s responsibility to vet the dealers/brokers.

just to reference how sales people get paidā€¦

most dealers get 25% of front gross.
the front gross on a volt or bolt is roughly $1200. if we sell the car to you at sticker, itā€™s $300. it we go negative $1 from invoice, itā€™s a mini.
all of the deals we sell are minis. this means we get a flat $50-150 depending on the dealer.
leases we sell at buy rate in chevrolet. you canā€™t make money on an aggressive deal. the whole function is a ā€˜unit carā€™ because factories require xxx amount of new cars per month.

1 Like

let me clear a few things from my perspective.

and i do not want to get in their way.
we all (well 99.99% of us) make/need money.
u do, i do, salespeople do.
but there is a proper way of doing so.
without hostile behavior and/or an insult wrapped up in a ā€œlol ā€¦im just kiddingā€ .
please dont insult any ones intelligence.

i dont necessary agree with this.
some people want this absolutly nothing down and 36 equal monthly payments.
perhaps they cant affort to pay 9k at once or dont want the liability of having paid so much in the event of a total loss.
if that is the case it is common sense that a tru 0 down will pay more than a 1-pay over the 3 years.
nothing wrong with either.

perhaps. but everything i have read up on suggests that those excellent bolt deals are long gone.

no doubt. and nothing wrong with eitherā€¦as long as you ā€¦please dont insult any ones intelligence

for whatever reason So cal had better deals than N Cal.
Many people in N Cal, did not want the added headache of having car shipped to save a few hundred $.

each market has different incentive. that is chevys doing. can not put blame of that on any sales people.

thanks for update. but what is a miniā€¦(the mini i know is a cooperā€¦lol)

I pity the fools who pay more than 10k to lease a BOLT (before State/utility rebates). We know GM was doing 1 pay lease for 7,5k to 10k depending on trim, so wait a while and it will happen again.

Wait until the awful January sales figures for BOLT are out. GMwill be scrambling to sell them again in Feb and March.

1 Like

and they will be even better in ā€¦sept, oct, nov and dec of 2018

If nobody is talking about EVs then the prices will fall like bitcoin did recently. Simple as that. If thereā€™s a demand, no reason why GM would give aggressive discount.

I feel like sometimes when the ship has sailed, then itā€™s gone. You donā€™t have to use anyone you find here although from your experience, Phil didnā€™t sound too responsible for having made u driven 50 Miles. But Iā€™m sure you wouldnā€™t have gone to him if you thought he wasnā€™t giving you the best price at the time.

1 Like

I think fatsel is talking about something else - its not the difference between 0-down and 1-pay. What I think fatsel is referring to is the deal structure - 0 down Net after post-purchase rebates. Ie, pay $3700 down now, and heres the monthly payment, and youā€™re on your own to qualify for and claim the $3700 later, and hope post-purchase rebate money doesnā€™t run out. You still have to front the $3700, and expose yourself to risk on that $3700 not being given back in the event of crash/total event.

So that can be confusing people who arenā€™t watching/paying attention like a hawk, because previous deals back in Oct/Nov were roughly the same monthly payment, but 0 down/drive off, before rebates.

1 Like

I think fatsel is talking about something else - its not the difference between 0-down and 1-pay. What I think fatsel is referring to is the deal structure - 0 down Net after post-purchase rebates. Ie, pay $3700 down now, and heres the monthly payment, and youā€™re on

Exactly.
For savvy buyers, all we want to know is the net cost of leasing which is very clear with a 1 Pay structure. If Iā€™m eligible for any rebates outside GM or brokers control leave it to me to handle. You cannot apples to apples with the complicated pay structure that the dealers post here. 1 Pay structure will give away their tricks and there is no way to hide and hence less favored by the dealers and brokers.

Hi, I am moving to Washington state and it turns out u need to be 30 months in CA for lease. I have a orange bolt, 1k miles. Looking for someone in Bay area to take my lease.i bought for 1 pay 8560 plus for 10k miles 36 months. U get 500$ from pge as well as state rebate.

Let me know if interested. Mine is 650 960 6765.

You may want to post on Marketplace. Also - youā€™ll need to post MSRP and all the relevant details.

Also - donā€™t think second lessees qualify for CVRP - only original lessees so you may have to eat some of that one payā€¦

Edit - looks like you already didā€¦

thanks mung35. updated the thread: Chevy Bolt(orange) lease for grab, only 1580 miles driven [only 3 months Old]