đŸ”„ đŸ”„ 2017 Chevy Bolt $270/mo, or Net $121 after incentives and 1-pay - Nor Cal đŸ”„ đŸ”„

Full $7500 federal rebate is only for buying the Bolt. When you lease, that rebate goes to the leasing company (GM Financial). In the case of the Bolt, they do not give you the full $7500 (unlike a lot of other EV leases).

huh?

where u get this from?

Most other manufacturer EVs I’ve seen structure their lease cash/rebate >$7500, so it looks like you’re getting the full federal rebate back. But Chevy (at least the Bolt), their rebates are <$7500.

The lower Bolt/Volt lease cash is made up for by an inflated rv.

1 Like

today’s offer for Bolt in the Bay Area , DCFC + 2 packages, 36/10 was ~12.400 one pay. Thanks, but no thanks

Yup same here. Momentum says no more deals. One pays increase by 50% than last month deals. Not sure who is buying it. I walked out

That’s what happens when demand >>>supply. Capitalism at its finest.

LOL cheap guy over here!!!

You just signed up on leasehacker and make 2 “cheap” posts, one above and another one at this link:

I smell dealer rat!

Yup that is true! Demand drives the price. And perhaps root cause is Trump’s tax plan which may be driving people to get EVs by end of Dec.

You seem new to this forum and you’re already frustrated and angry

Calm down. Dont worry what people make, dont worry about how people want to spend their money, dont stick your nose into other peoples business.

“Spend your money” 
 “You don’t die with that shit!!!”

Please like you shouldn’t be on a forum like this.
I think you’re a pissed off salesman 
. lmao

spot on with that assessment.

1 Like

GM just wanted to keep its monthly rising sales streak going. They knew they were in trouble for November, so they offered Bolts for a hefty discount (around 8k one pay lease or 250 regular monthly). Now that they hit their objective, they are banking on a traditionally strong December (due to people/businesses trying to get the Fed credit) to meet this month’s goal with little discounting.(so we are back to the infamous 2.5k down and $300 monthly leases).

My advice to all BOLT lease hackers is wait till January and February. Bolt dealers will be begging you to come and buy for sub 200 leases. And as soon as some Tesla Model 3 buyers start taking delivery, the BOLT prices will come down even more.

1 Like

Totally agree. I’m in no hurry and at current prices people might very well look at the BMW i3. Dealers have a lot of incoming Bolts and Chevy will soon have to release the 2018 model

1 Like

So people are buying a commodity item (it’s a car, the same thing bought at a dealer in CA, TX, NY and FL, just with different colors and a handful of different option packages). Why shouldn’t the buyer want to pay the lowest possible cost, especially if there are dozens of others getting it at the same low price. That doesn’t make the buyer cheap, that makes them informed.

If they really want/need that particular vehicle, then they have the option of either overpaying for it to get it now, holding out for a better deal on the same vehicle or getting something else.

Let’s stop feeding the troll.

1 Like

When doing a deal, if all else is equal (MF and RV), the bottom line is what is your adjusted cap cost for Dec deals. Adjusted cap cost is the price after you include all the discounts, manufactures rebate, etc before leasing transaction. The Costco, Utility and California rebates are post-transaction, i.e. after you have leased the car and therefore aren’t included the adjusted cap cost. Nor are they changing till Jan 2.

From what I can tell the best deals on this thread seem to have adjusted cap cost that was in the region of $9000 (or $9500) below the MSRP. From what I can tell most of these deals were for the LT.

This month the best adjusted cap cost I have come across is around $7500 less than the MSRP (on the premier). Since most of the deals from Oct I scanned were for LT, I am not sure what was the best deal for a loaded premier. I am assuming that the difference between MSRP and the adjusted cap cost was $9000-$9500 range.

That means the deals are now expensive by about $1500 to $2000.

Demand is certainly too high in the Bay Area. Wasn’t it in Sep that Chevy expanded the sales to all 50 states? Most Bay Area dealers were expecting the Bolts to start coming in after Dec 10. In the past seven days I have got messages from three different dealerships about availability of Bolt. One said 8 arrived, 4 sold, other two had 2 and 3. Only the Dublin and Momentum are expecting 100+, from what I can tell. Capitol already had deposits down on all the Bolt premiers (less than six to ten, I think) they are expecting in rest of Dec. I don’t think Capitol is getting more than 25 bolts in the remaining days.

I haven’t checked what is happening in the latest tax bill as far as $7500 federal credit is concerned. The Costco rebate ($300 to $700) ends on Jan 2. That leads to a lot of uncertainity on where the prices and deals would be. Personally I don’t foresee Oct level deals to be had in next few months.

$7500 less than MSRP looks not good compared to the best deals where it was almost $9000 off. But is it still good if you look at all deals over last 7 months?

The best preimer deals were around $11k off,

About $6k dealer discount, $4850 rebate and 1st payment waiver rebate

Wow! $11K was really good. Was it in NorCal or SoCal? I thought most deals fell in $9K off MSRP range.

I don’t see any dealer throwing in that much of dealer cash to discount the price now given all the demand! People are doing deals within couple of hours of the car getting to the lot.

Some dealers refuse to do deposits and some do. Some are willing to do a contract in advance for the cars that are in transit or already at the port but not on the lot and some aren’t. It is baffling why dealers are not consistent.

Since I decided look for lease EV more on impulse that careful home work, it was a bit of shock for me to realize the cost for installing the 240V/40amp for L2 charging at home. The cost can vary widely depending on whether you need the power utility to do a service upgrade, whether the power feed to the home is overhead or underground, how far from the main box is your charger installation point. I had braced myself to be off by at least $1500 -$2000 plus $500 for the charger.

1 Like